BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on a good range? I already looked at KBB and Edmunds, but really just want input from y'all.

I've got an ad in the classifieds with all the details on it (and some overly cropped pictures-- I'm not the most tech savvy chick out there!) but I'm just wondering what people's opinions might be.

BTW, I just picked up an '06 325ic... and I have to say, I still prefer this one. Sad, when you prefer the one with 149,000 miles to the one with 749! Eh, it's still better than anything else new out there....

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts
Pricing

I would suggest this. I would go to autotrader and put your car year in there and do the advanced search so that it includes convertible.
Once you hit select and also pick the entire US you will get a high value and low value as well as the mean.
Then search some of the ads out and see how well they match yours.
This is your best price indicator because the guides do not reflect reality.
Also remember that the autotrader is the asking price.
I hope this helps some.
I would think your new 06 ride would be awesome by the way...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is a 1995 325iC Close Enough?

I just purchased a 1995 325iC two weeks ago in Richmond Va. It has 127k on the clock and is in pretty decent condition. The only issues are some minor cosmetic boo-boos and a noisy clutch throwout bearing. I paid $6,500 for car, which I consider to be a decent deal. It was from a private dealer. Hope this helps.

Rick Higgins
[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 1994 325iC about a month and a half ago in Southern CA. It has 147K, is beautiful and in excellent condition, except for the rear speakers which are blown.

I bought if from a non-BMW dealership and paid $6,900 plus another $1,500 for an extended 2-year/16000 mile warranty. I probably won't need the extended warranty, but this is my first bimmer and I prefer the peace of mind. I think its a great car!

My problem with the rear speakers is becoming somewhat of an issue. Since I'm not a huge audiophile my plan was to replace them with inexpensive ($30-$75) speakers. However, I have not been able to find any speakers that will fit - at all. The only solution I have found so far is a complete speaker upgrade from www.bavariansoundwerks.com which is designed for the E36, but starts at clse to $400, a little more then I had intended on spending. So if there are any problrmd with the sound sysem, that should give you some room for negotiation.

I actually found my car on Autotrader.com so I'll second fun2drive's suggestion and add that investing in a Car Fax report was a very good idea for me. There were a number of cars listed on autotrader.com that appeared to be great deals, but one turned out to be a salvage and another, based on mileage reported to the CA DMV had the odometer rolled back.

Hope this helps & good luck!

Glen
[email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
LOL. I'm in the same boat on speakers. The factory system leaves a lot to be desired ... even when they're working. My amp was toast, so I replaced it with another factory unit and replaced the head unit. (Remember, I too am not an audiophile, just some schmuck that likes decent sound). Still no joy. I think my rear speakers are also defective.

My current plan is to go "non standard". I'm going to pull the rear seat side panels and see what will fit based on what's in there, not what Crutchfield says. I may have to do a little cutting, but I'm assuming that I can get some coaxials in there. I also plan on replacing the 5.25 speakers in the front kick panels with coaxials (I'll probably stay with that size) and upgrading the tweaters in the doors. Again, I'm not a "thumpa thumpa $2000 stereo man", but with the top down, it's nice to actualy hear the entire range of the music. Stay tuned for updates as my quest continues. LOL.

- Rick Higgins
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts