·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is buying a 2002 745i.
White exterior with tan interior.
120+k miles on it.
He's getting for around 10 grand.
It's for me, and it'll be my first car, along with my first BMW.
So, I thought I would go around forums and ask if the price is average for a car that year with that amount of miles?
or might there be something wrong with the car that the man selling it is not letting my father know?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
This car will most likely be a money pit with that many miles on it. Save for a newer car or buy something more economical as a first car. You don't want your first car to spend more time in the garage than you driving it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
+1.

Just about the worst "first car" you could get.

But to directly answer your question, the price is appropriate for the car. Look for oil, transmission and coolant leaks, which are notoriously common and extremely expensive to repair.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is in Dallas, and he drove it around and said that it felt good, just that it mightve been something with the oil.

I originally wanted a 3 series, but since he is the one buying it, he said he wanted something better, as far as luxury goes. he has a fascination with the 7 series and hopes to buy a new one to call his own.
So, if he does end up buying it(hes going to the to get the vin checked out), I might drive it around for a while, and depending on how I like it, I might let my sister or mom keep it, and wait till I find a 3 series I like.

But, I just wanted to know if the price was appropriate for that state the car was in.
thank you for the responses!:thumbup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't listen to anyone, if the engine is good and has been well maintained, everything else is easy fixable, once everything is working these cars are nice to drive.
Just remove coils when you check it, look for oil signs on the coils, plus check if sec air injection is complete.
Though if you cannot maintain it yourself it could be very expensive, just remember: do all maintenance in time, otherwise you're screwed, don't wait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts