BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that there is a May 9 deadline for placing a P.O. before price increases go into effect?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Is it true that there is a May 9 deadline for placing a P.O. before price increases go into effect?
That's what I heard.

·
Registered
868 Posts
It's true. You must have your order in Priority R or 0 in the system as of May 9 and the delivery must be by Sept 1.
If I already have a production number, and my car is built, I am past this stage right? (Picking up my car on May 20th)

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
If I already have a production number, and my car is built, I am past this stage right? (Picking up my car on May 20th)
:banghead::banghead:

Okay... so who is next ??!! Lemme guess ...

..If I already have a car, and my car is delivered, I am past this stage right?
:p

·
Registered
868 Posts
:banghead::banghead:

Okay... so who is next ??!! Lemme guess ...

:p
Haha damn you Bee! Well I figured, but my paranoid self always likes to be sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm OK

My CA has the day off but one of his collegues assured me that if I had a production # (I have) and was taking delivery before the deadline (mine is in June) I'm OK.:rofl:

·
A year later and :-))
116 Posts
So when do you know for sure you are you protected -- when you have a production number (which precedes P.O. submission), or when you have a P.O. confirmation from BMWUSA?

Unless this is clear, people in between like me will run and bother their CA. The official document refers to "a bona fide retail order, with a production number" which is ambiguous to me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The price increase is effective 06/01 but must be flag as SOLD by 05/09 to be price protected. What happen when you got your PO and flagged as SOLD after 05/09 but before 06/01? Does it mean that your dealer can increase your price? I asked my CA yesterday about that and he didn't know the answer. We just have to wait for the next document from BMW.

·
Registered
228 Posts
2) What is Priority R or 0?.
Priority R is described on my Vehicle Inquiry Report submitted 05/06 as "Tourist Reserved." I guess that's for European Delivery.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I emailed my CA yesterday but have not heard back.

But I feel a lot better now with the comments on this thread since I have a production number and my order is in Priority R and has a delivery date of 07/14.

·
Hofmeister kink ftw!1!!1!
1,482 Posts
I've had my car for about a month.

Any chance the dealership will call me and ask for more money??

Happy weekend, a bit early!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Does M3 has a different coding? I got Prioity 1 - Customer Sold but doing ED/PC. Still no production and delivery date but with prod #.

·
Registered
22 Posts
P3 - Already Scheduled September Deliveries

There's an interesting gotcha in all of this for those who will now suffer the "Pre Planning Penalty."

If you've already met all the order steps (received a production number, etc.) but requested a post 1 September delivery date, you get to pay the increase.

There is surely some very good reason for the 1 September cut-off, but I can't imagine it was intended to screw ED customers who's only failing was to commit to a deal long before anyone even knew about this increase.

I ordered three months ago and requested European delivery seven months out. I will have to pay the increase. (Yes, I will. I've seen the BMWNA bulletin that "clarifies" ED timing with regard to this increase.)

Someone who ordered three weeks ago and now has a production number and is in line for an August delivery will not have to pay the increase.

My suspicion is that BMW's bureaucracy is such that this anomaly cannot possibly be corrected.

Ah, the car biz . . .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BMW sent a confirm of Production # to my CA

In the price protection section at the bottom of the document (link provided above courtesy Valeram) it says (… and sorry, I tried copy & paste & it won't…):

"a Center must designate the vehicle in the ordering system as sold vehicle, with the customer's name by May 9, 2008."

I assume that my CA's collegue is right & I'm OK from the following:

The BMW acceptance that my CA e-mailed to me was:

Attention: James Milligan
Your European Delivery Reservation Has Been Accepted
The production number shown below has been transferred into your center's allocation. This vehicle will be held in Munich for delivery to JV pending receipt of the appropriate paperwork.

Upon receipt of this email and verification that this production number is in your availability, please go to Centernet/DCS and begin preparing the Purchase Order immediately.
Customer JanV
Model 328i Cab
Production # XXXX467
Requested Delivery Date 06/13/2008
Center Code 30583
Center Phone (610) 668-2200
Center Fax (610) 667-2158
If your customer must cancel this order, please notify the European Delivery Department immediately.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
So how much is the "price increase"?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts