BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard from a friend who did an ED last year that there's a store there where you can buy options. For example, I want to get the rear wind shield for my 330Ci convertible when I pick it up, the list here is (I forget but several hundred $).

Anyone know if there's a price list for this store?

Maybe someone visiting soon could grab one and post?

· Premium Member
8,788 Posts
330soon said:
I heard from a friend who did an ED last year that there's a store there where you can buy options. For example, I want to get the rear wind shield for my 330Ci convertible when I pick it up, the list here is (I forget but several hundred $).

Anyone know if there's a price list for this store?

Maybe someone visiting soon could grab one and post?
2 Places:
At the delivery center they have a (very) small Boutique shop.

Or

BMW Neiderslausseng Munchen, Frankfurter-Ring: This is the largest BMW owned dealership in Bavaria. This used to be the old delivery center up until 2000.

They have alot of neat stuff for BMW nut to see and a pretty good size Boutique shop. You can order any parts OEM here, they can even get the parts you want w/ the exact paint (IT IS NOT CHEAP, NOT at ALL!!) withn 2 days.

Now all that is neat but you are much better off buying your windscreen here in US. It is NOT cheap there and the current exchange rate will make it worst. Furthermore, you will have to tote the windscreen back w/ your luggage (forget about carry-on, you will never pass the security w/ that thing).

just my 2 cents,

beewang :bigpimp:

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Yes, that's where I did my last pickup.

I've read here in the ED forum that floor mats come with ED now? It doesn't sound right, but should I expect a set? Otherwise, I'll probably have to head over here for a set and even for the memories...

· Grinning from ear to ear
2,052 Posts
Yeah, there were a set of floormats, but they didn't have a BMW logo on them. Don't the E46 floormats have a BMW logo somewhere on them? These were just plain black mats. But it was nice not to have to drag snow-covered shoes on my carpet.

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Thanks. Yes, on my last trip we went to the northern tip of Denmark on the third day, and there 4 people piled into my car with muddy feet. Oh, that hurt so bad... :cry: I had to get the 1200 mile service shortly thereafter, so bought a set of floor mats at that point.

icemanjs4 said:
Yeah, there were a set of floormats, but they didn't have a BMW logo on them. Don't the E46 floormats have a BMW logo somewhere on them? These were just plain black mats. But it was nice not to have to drag snow-covered shoes on my carpet.

· Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
beewang said:
2 Places:

Now all that is neat but you are much better off buying your windscreen here in US. It is NOT cheap there and the current exchange rate will make it worst. Furthermore, you will have to tote the windscreen back w/ your luggage (forget about carry-on, you will never pass the security w/ that thing).

just my 2 cents,

beewang :bigpimp:
beewang, thanks for the input - but if the wind shield is a BMW part (indeed an orderable part) wouldn't I just ship it back installed in the car?

BTW, Franco says "Hi". And "Thanks!" :thumbup:

· Using SPF 45
3,689 Posts
330soon said:
beewang, thanks for the input - but if the wind shield is a BMW part (indeed an orderable part) wouldn't I just ship it back installed in the car?

BTW, Franco says "Hi". And "Thanks!" :thumbup:
No, because it won't be on the bill of lading (or whatever it's called). The VPC will look to see whether the car is exactly as ordered, and is likely to remove any non-conforming parts.

The windshield folds up pretty nicely though, into a little case--about 3ftx18inx5in.

· John Firestone
2,917 Posts
From my one experience of sending through a car full of non-conformities, the VPC won't be a problem. (Just for fun, I think, someone listed what they found on the back of a piece of paperwork.) My dealer, however, had a friend there watch out for the car since mine was their first European Delivery.

I think there is a much greater risk of the rear wind screen simply getting stolen. Loose items that aren't insured often have a low vapor pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.