Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Looking at a dealer owned 2018 X3 (VIN 5UXTR9C51JLC83864). It went into service as a loaner on 2/2018. I'm hoping to get some suggested current purchase value (fair cost) of the X3. Any potential negatives that are glaring?

Thank you all!

·
BMW: Freude am Fahren
145 Posts
Just did the same last week. Are they CPO'ing it? CPO Loaner cars can get special financing thru BMWFS (new car rates last month), additonal rebates ($2K last month), as well qualify for carrying the standard 3 year maintenance package to the purchaser. Normal 2017+ CPO cars normally don't get the free basic maintenance carried over, only the ex Service/Loaners do.

Mine had 5500 miles on it, near perfect condition (couple of small rock chips and the right rear backseat had a child seat indentation), and got over 22% off of sticker, plus the stuff mentioned above. Real happy with the deal, even gave me top dollar for my trade.

·
My M...not Hers
1,159 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Looking at a dealer owned 2018 X3 (VIN 5UXTR9C51JLC83864) Any potential negatives that are glaring?

Thank you all!
I'm a very skeptical person. A loaner is a used vehicle. Inspect...inspect. Accidents, ..service issues. Tire wear, wheel rash. What kind of warranty is left. Might be better off buying a new 2018 if any are available. Dealer owned would have to generously discounted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I puchased a 2018 X3 CPO on 09/25/2018. The car went into service in April of 2018 and had 10k miles. So it was driven a lot in a few months. It stickered for $49k. After rebates, I got it for $35k plus 0% for 60 months. The car was in good shape. Not dings or scratches. A few stone chips and tiny marks on the rims. I have 15k miles on it now...no issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Porschegeorg: Looks like you got a great deal!

New to the club and my first post. I am coming over from MB; this is my first BMW. I was in NO need of a new car, but after some disappoints with the MB, and some negotiating, I got this. What do you think?

Last week I purchased a 2018 X3 xDrive 30i 4200 miles ("new" not CPO). Silver, M Sport Package, Driving Assistance Package (worthless, not sure what this does -- the steering wheel does not / HARDLY vibrate - yes, I have it set to strong), Premium Package, black leather package, trailer hitch, ventilated front seats, Park Distance Control (love this!), CarPlay (don't use). MSRP: $57,345 Paid approx: $45,600. She's pretty. Really wish I had upgraded Harmon speakers!! Any simple solutions for aftermarket upgraded speakers (would that void warranty?)

·
My M...not Hers
1,159 Posts
Really wish I had upgraded Harmon speakers!! Any simple solutions for aftermarket upgraded speakers (would that void warranty?)
Good luck and enjoy your X. I'd check with service on the (void) warranty. Sound system is not so great. The base unit use to be excellent...last 2 BMW X3's were fine. 2006 / 2014

1 - 6 of 6 Posts