Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking to get rid of my 2008 wagon and get a "new" 328i. I'm looking at a dealer demo with 5500 miles on it (6 months of use). I know many here don't like demos, but I'm wondering if anyone has a pricing opinion as follows:

I'm looking at a demo 328i with 5500 miles on it. Does this look correct?

MSRP $50,645 (includes destination charge)

Selling Price $37879

5500 miles
Silver/Black Leather
Driver Assistance Pkg
Lighting Pkg
Premium Pkg
Sport Line
Technology Pkg
Heated Front Seats
Enhanced B/t and Smartphone In

Thanks in advance!

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,743 Posts
That's a good discount. Do you know what kind of demo it is? What warranty is left?

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,743 Posts
It went into service in July, 2015. We would lease, so would have new car factory warranty and maintenance the entire 3 years.
That's good. That's all that matters. Those kinds of lease deals can be really good. The depreciation you'll have to pay will be small.

Have they told you how it works? The residual is based on the original MSRP, with a relatively minor reduction for the miles it has.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good. That's all that matters. Those kinds of lease deals can be really good. The depreciation you'll have to pay will be small.

Have they told you how it works? The residual is based on the original MSRP, with a relatively minor reduction for the miles it has.
The residual is about $28k. Lease payments for 36/10 are $417 out the door.

I just don't know what a reasonable price for a slightly used car is. It's almost easier to price out a new one.

Thanks for your help!

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,743 Posts
That payment looks like it could be a tad high. It might be okay, but be sure to get them to explain every extra fee and charge. Push them hard to give you the base money factor. They are allowed by BMWFS to mark it up .0004, which equates to almost a 1% increase in the effective interest rate. I'm pretty sure the base MF right now is .0013, but I can't swear to it. It may be slightly higher.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The money factor is .00132. I'm confident that this is the base. I will try running it myself too...but if they are messing with anything, it's something other than the money factor.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,743 Posts
The money factor is .00132. I'm confident that this is the base. I will try running it myself too...but if they are messing with anything, it's something other than the money factor.
That's good you already have that. :thumbup:

Do you know how much they reduced the residual to account for the miles?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's good you already have that. :thumbup:

Do you know how much they reduced the residual to account for the miles?
The residual value is $28103.10. MSRP was $50,645 and selling price is $37879. Honestly, I have no idea how they calculated the residual value. I don't think the dealer can mess with that number, though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all,

I'm looking to get rid of my 2008 wagon and get a "new" 328i. I'm looking at a dealer demo with 5500 miles on it (6 months of use). I know many here don't like demos, but I'm wondering if anyone has a pricing opinion as follows:

I'm looking at a demo 328i with 5500 miles on it. Does this look correct?

MSRP $50,645 (includes destination charge)

Selling Price $37879

5500 miles
Silver/Black Leather
Driver Assistance Pkg
Lighting Pkg
Premium Pkg
Sport Line
Technology Pkg
Heated Front Seats
Enhanced B/t and Smartphone In

Thanks in advance!
To me that seems like a pretty good price. I recently bought one too. Perhaps from the same dealer. The dealer I'm thinking of gets quite a few "demos". I love all those options on the car. And the warranty is good. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts