Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)

I have a dark blue '13 535i w/46k that has a decent size paint chip on the DS door, and a few scratches, which I picked up almost a year ago. I took it to a body shop, recommended to me by the BMW service center I was at a few months ago.

I understand that when it comes to BMW, you will pay more for repairs, and I was not expecting to pay $100, but this seems kinda high to me. I don't mind paying a little extra for a good job, done by someone who is honest (and after the convo I had w/the shop owner, I can tell you he is honest, b/c he had ample opportunity to BS me, but did not), but am hoping someone can tell me if this sounds about right, as I have no experience here. I will be happy to post pics if that will help.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,463 Posts
Did you see that they***8217;re going to redo the whole door? That***8217;s what I would expect and insist. The labor rate is outstanding! All in all, it is good for BMW work.

·
'17 X1 - Rooster Cruisin'
1,086 Posts
Looking at the invoice, it's apparent that your aren't just getting a paint chip and a few scratches fixed! They are ordering and installing body parts, doing a dent repair, detailing the paint to remove as many scratches as possible, THEN painting the damage and adding clearcoat.:throw: If for nothing else, their labor rates and duration seem pretty darn reasonable. Heck, after this "correction", I'd throw another couple of hundred towards it and have it ceramic coated. Lastly, the dealers recommendation for using this shop would carry weight in my mind. Btw, have you priced this job out at other shops in your area?

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,179 Posts
You said $100, I assume you meant $1000.
What did you expect to pay?
You could turn it into your insurance.
I totally agree with the others, I would jump on this even if it were out of pocket.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You said $100, I assume you meant $1000.

No - I meant $100.

What did you expect to pay?

I had no idea what to expect - never had a car like this before, and have never had any like work done.

You could turn it into your insurance.

Ah - there's an idea. Never thought of that - thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts