Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My one-touch on my driver's side does not work. Is there a specific wire that I need to examine to see if the connection is loose?

Also, my rear defroster is not working. Has anyone else had this problem?

TIA....

BTW -- has anyone ever tried to create a one-touch up switch that would close the windows AND the sunroof with just a push of the button? I know the one-touch close of the sunroof can be done; but, I sometimes wish I could close everything with one-button...:D

·
fahrer
1,387 Posts
You might check this out for some ideas on what it's going to take to make a one-touch work.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=22353&highlight=pulse+window

You'll need something between the new switch and the factory wiring to contiuously send the "close" signal.

Or you might be able to home-run wiring from the individual switches, but you'd still need to isolate them from each other.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
jderry said:
My one-touch on my driver's side does not work. Is there a specific wire that I need to examine to see if the connection is loose?

Also, my rear defroster is not working. Has anyone else had this problem?

TIA....

BTW -- has anyone ever tried to create a one-touch up switch that would close the windows AND the sunroof with just a push of the button? I know the one-touch close of the sunroof can be done; but, I sometimes wish I could close everything with one-button...:D
The convertibles have a switch that rolls all four windows up and down with one touch. I'm sure this could be adapted to the coupe/sedan.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...

JST - do you have the wiring schematic regarding how they tied all of that together in your convertible?

The only foreseeable problem I think would be the sunroof, having that connected with the one-touch windows.

I also would like to have one-touch open everything as well... heheh......I know, I should leave the car as-is...:)

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Re: Thanks guys...

jderry said:
JST - do you have the wiring schematic regarding how they tied all of that together in your convertible?

The only foreseeable problem I think would be the sunroof, having that connected with the one-touch windows.

I also would like to have one-touch open everything as well... heheh......I know, I should leave the car as-is...:)
No, but the Bentley's manual is full of wiring diagrams. There may be one in there.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
One touch window not working is indicative of two things:

1) A malefunctioning pressure strip. Check this forum for a post from VinceTopasblau regarding this. You would either have to adjust the pressure strip or replace it.

2) A malefunctioning switch. Replacement only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts