BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got BMW 323i 2000, needs maintenance

My A/C Compressor won't engage, I need help all I have done was the check fuses and they all checked out fine. What else should I check or fix. If all else fails how much to replace the whole system at a repair center.

When I driving I noticed my traction control was disabled, as a light came one for it, I was able to turn it off when the engine was off, but after a 2-3 minutes of driving it came on again, but I didn't notice any loss of traction, so I do not know the problem, I also checked the fuses for that once again and it was fine. So again my problem is that I pressed the DSC button it came off, but after driving it came on again without loss of traction.

I have really squeaky rear left brakes, is it the brakes pad, the reason for this, it sounds like a school bus coming to stop. And how much it cost replace all 4 sets of them.

Thank you for helping solve these maintenance problems, you do not have to answer all of the questions.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,185 Posts
1. Read the E46 Wiki, it will be educational

2. Read Dave Zeckhausen`s paper on "Brake Bedding" (sometimes the simple things work)

3. That intermittent DSC light might be caused by dirty or corroded wheel speed sensors. This is a cheap and easy DIY fix, you`ll find a couple of DIY videos on YouTube.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts