BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 BMW 520D M sport that the driver’s side main window switch has stop working. Windows and Mirrors.
All switch’s not work the Windows only go down when hold the key fob down and raise up and I have replaced the drive side with new switch and this did not solve the problem, so took car to Bmw dealership on June 26th I have pay Bmw dealer diagnostic fee £99 after 2 days there come back with this reply :Good Afternoon Mr XXXX

I hope this finds you well.

As requested, please find attached estimate for the replacement of your CAS module.

As discussed over the phone, we will need to reprogram the vehicle following this repair. The pricing for £365 module only fit cost all include come £781 include £99 diagnostic l.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to proceed with the repair. If I order the parts before 12pm tomorrow, they will be here for commencement of the repair on Monday.
So I got order part and fit in car after there did work the unit has not solved my main problem with switch there my old unit was not send power to switch now new CAS MODULE is given power to switch but is still there can't get to work the switch so ask to BMW UK Master technician try find problem. After 12 days later now on July 10th I keep calling every few days for more update and wasting my time there have come back
Good Afternoon Mr XX
We are still awaiting further instructions from BMW UK Technical
Once we have any further news I will of courseGood Afternoon Mr Mohamed,
We are still awaiting further instructions from BMW UK Technical
Once we have any further news I will of course update you further
On July 11 called back trying tell there still trying work out problem but so far there charging me for CAS MODULE and Labour even thought it hasn't fix main problem with switch I have try to argue about how is not fair that I should pay something that is not made any change to my problem for reason i took car to them at start there claim there diagnostic has show my old CAS Module had fault . Now there saying BMW UK Master Technical have ask to check every wire that go into car to find any damaged wire in car that there maybe could change that could fix this problem but try say this could take up to 30hours and trying bill me for cost plus the CAS module unit and I have reply back to them with saying that I am only will it at last quote for £781 if there can fix my car no more that and I am not will pay for extre labour to look all the wire there should of done under the quote there give since there diagnostic Was reason give that I need CAS Module . Can someone please advice on this matter how to deal with this dealership p.s am sorry about English writing .

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Why the CAS module?

Check fuse F32, that supplies the switch.
The front windows are operated by the Body Gateway Module (KGM). The switch sends the command through the LIN bus to the KGM. Since the windows work with the remote control I assume the KGM is fine. There must be a connection problem between the switches and the KGM or the switches have lost supply or ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts