BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I have installed M6 front bumper so it has no fog lights so i cant install them...when i start the car it apears a warning on the idrive that sais error on fog left and right lights. how can i eliminate that error?.... Im thinking about put some bulbs but it will be dangerous for the plastic bumper can get on fire. any help? Thanks.

· Registered
2,035 Posts
The system is close circuit so because the bulbs are not in, the system detects an open, hence the error. You can do what tampamark suggest by just keeping the switch off with bulbs installed. Just secure them properly under the fender or bumper.

· Registered
1,064 Posts
My car had a bumper swap as well. They must have reprogrammed the car to not recognize the fogs, because they have no bulbs and I get no warnings. They also did something to the button to make sure it cannot be accidentally pushed. Button is there but it is hard, no give. Not sure you want to take the programing plunge, but I bet you'll find threads on this at bmwcoding.com. Good Luck.

· Registered
1,064 Posts
Thank you mulchman...but i went to the dealer and they told me they cant coding that error....so i will install some bulbs and just never light them on....
You can tell when the dealer is lying...their lips move. :D

Good luck! I have an OBD cable arriving any day now. If I find your answer in my car I'll let you know.

· Registered
3,325 Posts
My car had a bumper swap as well. They must have reprogrammed the car to not recognize the fogs, because they have no bulbs and I get no warnings. They also did something to the button to make sure it cannot be accidentally pushed. Button is there but it is hard, no give. Not sure you want to take the programing plunge, but I bet you'll find threads on this at bmwcoding.com. Good Luck.
Seems it could be coded somewhere since the M6 and 6 have the same system and the M does not have fogs? Or there are resistors in the line somewhere I suppose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.