Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 X3 35i fully loaded. I initially noticed my AC stopped blowing cold air, so took it in for a recharge and they checked it has half full and there were no leaks so the shop topped it up. Worked for a few weeks. Later the AC cut out again (no sound difference when you press the snowflake) and they said the AC Schraeder valve was leaking so they replaced it. Worked for about a month. Now it won***8217;t come on at the beginning of the day with a cold start for maybe 15 min of driving and then it***8217;ll come on ice cold and be fine the rest of the day. This is consistently the case after two weeks. I***8217;m now thinking the compressor is on it***8217;s way out perhaps? Maybe the condenser fan? When I press the snowflake now, the AC makes an audible noise and you can hear it come on but it doesn***8217;t. The condenser fan does not turn on either when I know it should. Anyone have a similar experience or any other ideas? Thanks!

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,459 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I work at a certain car dealership as a service advisor, a lady came in with an A/C issue that works for 2 hours, then stops blowing cold air, she turns off the car for 5 minutes, turns car back on, blows cold air for 2 minutes then stops again. Techs notice the A/C relay was getting excessively hot so they replaced that and HOPEFULLY that was the issue. She paid $300 for the diagnosis and the relay so I really hope she doesn't come back saying it didnt work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts