BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife spilled a large coke in the floorboard of my 328. I had to remove the passenger seat to get it entirely clean. Now after I got finished cleaning it up, plugging back in the wiring harness under the seat, and bolting it back down, my airbag light on the dash comes on.

Any ideas how to get it turned off without taking it to the dealership. I have a few mods and don't want to have to return it to stock before I take it in.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
:confused:

The dealer can't say anything about your mods unless they specifically affected the problem in question.

Go in and ask them to take a look at it. If you can't do that then what are dealers for? :tsk:

·
Mostly Reading
148 Posts
If you started the car w/o the seat connector connected, then the light will trip, and you'll have to go to the dealer to get it reset. If you made sure to connect it prior to starting the car, then you may have gotten water on the connector.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

If you want to avoid a trip to the dealer to have an error code reset.

Try this, it may work.
Disconnect the battery before unplugging your seat wiring harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.