BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey.. the odd time.. say from, once a month to... 3 or 4 times a month... my car will just "electrically" cut out.. for about 3 or 4 seconds... and i leave the key on.. and leave it in gear... and keep rolling... it jumps back to life... some have told me its a ground issue.. but if it were that... then i believe it would happin alot more often

also... sometimes, i go to start it.. and it will turn over for eeeeeeeeeeeeeeever... like... rediculosly long... then finnaly, jumps to life.

ahah and also... i have miss with a cylinder... usually only when its rainy and/or in the morning when the engine is cold.. i have replaced plugs and wires.. cap, rotor (ps, i can avoid the cyl miss if i drive at low rpm and dont get into the torque)

hopin some of u guys will know.. thx

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
PuebloPete said:
Could be a lot of things. I'd check that crank position sensor also, but its definetly electrical.
i agree, It has electrical characteristics. Try the CPS like pete reccomended and the coil connections. or any wiring that would be prone to vibration during operation. Explaining why it would do it while moving.

·
BMW FETISH!!!
5,405 Posts
how do u know if u have a miss firing piston cylinder? cause every now and then i can here a very feint pop on idle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx guys i will test the c/p sensor, and check the specs

-- the idle on these engines fluctuates a bit... but u would know when u get a miss.... under load or torque... not so much at idle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts