BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I don't want to replace the motor or fix anything I just want to be able to open and close the roof manually. The motor slowed down and finally broke. The Microswitch if fine latches unlock and everything is working other than the motor but it seems like that red handel is not working. roof wont retreat more that 4 inches. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? Again I'm not thinking about fixing it, just want to open and close it manually because I park outdoors and it won't take long until this happen to a new motor again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, I don't want to replace the motor or fix anything I just want to be able to open and close the roof manually. The motor slowed down and finally broke. The Microswitch if fine latches unlock and everything is working other than the motor but it seems like that red handel is not working. roof wont retreat more that 4 inches. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? Again I'm not thinking about fixing it, just want to open and close it manually because I park outdoors and it won't take long until this happen to a new motor again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It moved easily and i was able to close it very smooth right after the motor died. but that was the only time that it actually worked.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Solix 66. I found pulling out the handle and rotating it did not totally disengage the hydraulics; it needed to go further. I just put a small bungy chord from the handle to a hole further right in the trunk; lined up great. Ran like that for a few years.... that top gets heavy after awhile :)

Just did the motor a few weeks ago, and the handle still doesn't disengage the hydraulics.

Good luck.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts