BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend was in an accident with my car 2 years ago when I lived in MA. I took it to a body shop that I had been to before for one prior accident, since the dealer I went to had recommened them. They had made hints about crooked things they do to get more money from insurance companies and to benefit me. They kept my car for an extremely long time, gave me a car with overfilled tires, to where one blew out on the highway. When I received my car I was so happy to have it, that I didn't thoroughly look it over. Cosmetically it looked fine. However now two years later, I realize that they gave me a salvage hood since it has completely rusted, despite the fact it only had half a winter on the east coast before I moved back to california. All the paint on the places they replaced is completely chipping off, my AC pipe is hanging extremely low to where I have been told if I hit a speed bump a fire may result. As well as all the pieces in the front are lose and don't fit together properly.

Has anyone else had a problem of a terrible repair job? Is there anything I can do to get money back from the body shop or from my insurance company, or do I need to just fix everything on my own?

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, I would really appreciate them.

Thanks, Rachel

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
I would:

a) Contact the body shop to see if they will make things right.

b) Contact my insurance company.

c) Contact the Better Business Bureau back in MA.

d) Consider a suit against the body shop.

·
Pastafarian Extraordinair
2,347 Posts
Pinecone said:
I would:

a) Contact the body shop to see if they will make things right.

b) Contact my insurance company.

c) Contact the Better Business Bureau back in MA.

d) Consider a suit against the body shop.
:stupid: plus

e) Change your forum id, it might not be a good idea to divulge your last name on a public forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts