BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
E65/E66 Helper Man.......
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel the Sevas product is not safe for normal driving conditions... It was unfortunate what happened to me, and it was even sadder hearing another person with sevas had almost the same thing happen... Granted he did hit a pothole, a rim should be strong enough to not entire split in two while driving...

i had a problem with vibration while driving, which is not present with factory rims/tires... i know others are experiencing this issue... putting all facts together, i want to see if i can get my entire set returned, seeing that its barely been a month, but i need to know others who are experiencing these same issues so my insurance company may investigate and take action against sevas wheels... please reply here or send me a pm...

Thank You

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
well if this is true im glad i didnt get the sevas.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It happened two weeks ago, I don't know if I hit a pot hole or not. All I heard was a loud boom, and I saw pieces of the wheel flying from under the car in the rear view mirror. Luckily I was still able to keep control of the car. I thought that my tire had just blown, until I went to change the tire. I pulled the wheel off and the entire back half of the wheel, just broke away.

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
It happened two weeks ago, I don't know if I hit a pot hole or not. All I heard was a loud boom, and I saw pieces of the wheel flying from under the car in the rear view mirror. Luckily I was still able to keep control of the car. I thought that my tire had just blown, until I went to change the tire. I pulled the wheel off and the entire back half of the wheel, just broke away.
DeYanko, Post up pics of the rim.

·
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow... was this a sevas rim? approx how long were they on the car? do you have any pics of the rim or damage?

·
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have had the wheels 6 months, along with the vibration problems
deyanko, i need a definate answer if these were sevas wheels, and the model or the rim... did you try to send the wheel to the manufacturer, and what their answer if so? keep in mind there might be a serious safety issue if you too had sevas, as now that will be 3 people with that company that have had this problem... imagine how many others there may be...

·
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are the pics, there was damage to the car, a gash in the wheel well liner and a dent on the rear shock.
this is unreal... 3 ppl with sevas and the same type of damage, now i know there's got to be more... i might have to get a lawyer...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
im sorry man , im glad you are safe , but once again
these new name brands just came out and unknown country of origin dont go on your 7 ,not even any bimmer , these are made for chevy's hondas and all kind of small domestic cars , BMW are so delicate you put stuff like that n your car you will regret it in the long run

name brands like AC,MOMO,HRE,ANTERA alot all the new shZnit , savas asantis gride whatever , problems starts and never ends
and with all the respect to all of you , that my own thoughts so evry one is open to put what he wants and spend what he like to spend

·
Registered
907 Posts
That's why folks buy premium 2 piece or 3 piece wheels because of the strength and quality. Especially plus sizing on high end/performance cars.

·
Registered
907 Posts
That's why folks buy premium 2 piece or 3 piece wheels because of the strength and quality. Especially plus sizing on high end/performance cars.
Ok, I gotta edit my reply. I'm curious for those that had the breakage if there's been any resolution from the mfg. Have they said otherwise like low tire pressure was the culprit? I got guys on another forum that say lack tire pressure will do that even on premium wheels. I personally have not seen any breakage from high end wheels other than the average newbie with low profile tires hitting a pothole.

sanhonda22, have you experienced anything as mentioned above? Curious to know.

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
Ok, I gotta edit my reply. I'm curious for those that had the breakage if there's been any resolution from the mfg. Have they said otherwise like low tire pressure was the culprit? I got guys on another forum that say lack tire pressure will do that even on premium wheels. I personally have not seen any breakage from high end wheels other than the average newbie with low profile tires hitting a pothole.

sanhonda22, have you experienced anything as mentioned above? Curious to know.
I personally have not experienced a mechanical failure with the wheels like they have, but our shop has not for a while, and no longer will ever carry these wheels again...ever.

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
+ 1 I agree 150%. Has anyone ever seen an Asanti, HRE, Lowenhart or GFG rims split like this? Probably not. At my shop, and my friends shop also, the only time we see a rim split like this is when someone tries to go cheap somewhere down the line ( no offense to any members of this forum ), and buys some hokie-pookie low end rims elsewhere. Some places advertise 22" Chrome rims and tires for $1,200, when my average set starts at $2,000. Which one do you think is going to be a better quality product?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Uh Oh..

Okay, now you guys are scaring me. I just put a set of Sevas-10 on my ride and have noticed vibration between 45 and 60 mph. I was going to take it to the shop to have the wheels re-balanced in hopes that that would solve it. I've only had the wheels for about thirty days and have unfortunately hit a few bumps and lumps in the road, DC is notorious for that. Makes me wonder why I did it anyway. So far no bending or cracking is noticed. I will keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts