BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have 2002 530i, when i try to open the trunk by pushing the button in the car it doesn't work and also when i try to open it by pushing the actual handle on the trunk it stull desent' work. The only way to open the trunk is by using the button on thr remote keyless entery.
Any one knows what maight happen, please help.

·
Coole Russen
1,304 Posts
Trunk lead ahaha It drivers me crazy how Americans write on their English.

·
crazy bimmer driver
445 Posts
Vadim540i Trunk lead ahaha It drivers me crazy how Americans write on their English.
stfu russia, in soviet russia car drives you!!!

·
Premium Member
7,745 Posts
I know the answer

Check the position of the key lock on the trunk lid. If it is horizontal, you will have the symptons you describe. Put the key in and turn it to veritcal, and all should be well. It is designed to keep the "valet " or parking attendant out of your trunk.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Check the position of the key lock on the trunk lid. If it is horizontal, you will have the symptons you describe. Put the key in and turn it to veritcal, and all should be well. It is designed to keep the "valet " or parking attendant out of your trunk.
Completely agree with 540 above me..........if that doesn't work, check the fuse, both easy and quick solutions.

Worse case scenerio, trunk lid switch, and even at that, not bad.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I got the problem too, but i am sure that position of the key lock is vertical.

Completely agree with 540 above me..........if that doesn't work, check the fuse, both easy and quick solutions.

Worse case scenerio, trunk lid switch, and even at that, not bad.
How to check the fuse? Where it is located??

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally Posted by 540 M-Sport

that worked perfect, i didn't know because my brother went and opend the trunk with the keys and that was the problem thx for help

·
I need to replace what?
430 Posts
Trunk issue

+1 I had this issue when I bought my car... this is the answer. Just rotate your key in the lock. Then your button will work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts