BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,

I have just received my production date to build the 328xi coupe. However, through about a week of communication with the sales person, I have decided to switch to the 335xi coupe model. My question is if this production date is specific to building only the 328 coupe or can it be simply changed to 335?

thank you

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think if its still "on order" as owner circle states, than you can make the change and still hold your spot in the order. I could be wrong though. You have to speak with your salesman. I know that I had changed the wood trim to another kind and I still saved my slot but thats a minor option. your thinking of changing it to another model so Im not sure

·
Banned
11 Posts
what is your production data? and how did you receive it? I just put in an order on Saturday, but havent heard a date when they will build. I heard Sept 7th is when they will start production, not sure what anyone else has heard.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

It took me 2 weeks before the production number is available. I believe all this is just a place-holder. I am waiting for the final confirmation from the sales person to see if this date may change due to the 335 allocation...

·
Registered
6 Posts
once the VIN number is assigned, it's too late for changes, at least that's what my salesperson told me - i was trying to do exactly what you are, bump from a 328xi to a 335.

·
Registered
77 Posts
When I tried ordering my 335i from one dealer who had no more Sept. slots, he offered me a 328i for Sept. production. I asked if he could change that to a 335i and he said no.
That's the story - if it's true or not, I have no idea.
Try asking in the "Ask-a-Dealer" forum her at Bimmerfest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts