BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if a car is scheduled for production in the 20th week of 2002, when can I expect delivery. The April lease deals are good for only 60 days and I wonder if the car is delayed by even a week, will they honor the deal?

any experiences with this sort of problem?

-RChoudry
01 330i
ordered (not confirmed) 02 330ci

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
My car was finished building on the 6th of Jan. and I took delivery on Feb 9th.

Lately deliveries have taken even a little longer due to the "rush" for Mini's

The words "lease" and "deal" don't really belong together in the same sentence towards the end of a model year... You are just going to rent the car for a while, for 500 - 575 dollars a month??? (just guessing here) and you have nothing to show for it in the end. Dealer wins when he delivers the car to you, and wins again when he re-sells it after you are finished with lease.

You may be better off waiting a few months to lease a 2003, There simply are no good deals towards the end of a model year.
(unless you are purchasing a car off the dealers "floorplan" at the end of a model year, then sometimes you can get a really good deal)

·
Registered
39 Posts
What he has to show for it at the end of the lease is $200 to $300 more per month in his pocket (or invested) for each month that he leased instead of financing for 48 to 60 months. Also, he may have some tax advantages if it is a business lease. And let's not forget the convenience and ease of turning in the car at the end of the lease and leasing a new one or just walking away without the hassle of trying to sell the car to a private buyer or trading it in on another car.

In the last 20 years I have leased or purchased two Porsche 928s, two Porsche 911 Carreras, one BMW 328i, and have a 330i on order. In my case, when all factors were considered, it sometimes made very good sense to lease instead of buy.

So, depending on personal circumstances, the words "lease" and "deal" are perfectly acceptable in the same sentence.

RChoudry, my order went in on April 9th and is scheduled for May 10th production, with delivery in late June. My dealer has said he will honor the agreed upon lease numbers until I take delivery of the car, even if it is beyond the 60 days. He has done this in the past for me so I have no reason not to believe him. If the money factor on the leases through BMWFS goes down before delivery he will refile the paper work and I will get the lower rate. Not sure if this is typical with all dealers but I have had nothing but good experiences with this one.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.

My build date is also May 10

I was told I'd get it by June 15. East Coast.

Yeah, this is my 5th or 6th lease, I love it! Lots more options over financing. Plus, this is a replacement car for a car with a problem that was leased. Much easier than buying/selling.

-RC

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,535 Posts
RChoudry said:
if a car is scheduled for production in the 20th week of 2002, when can I expect delivery. The April lease deals are good for only 60 days and I wonder if the car is delayed by even a week, will they honor the deal?

any experiences with this sort of problem?

-RChoudry
01 330i
ordered (not confirmed) 02 330ci
Let me clarify the ambiguous and obscure...

If you get pre-approved by BMWFS you have, in effect, "locked" the lease rates (residual and rent-charge factors) for 60 days from the expiration date of the BMWFS rate bulletin that was in effect at the time of your approval. In other words, your approval would be valid until the end of June... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts