BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I placed my order with the dealer last Wednesday (7/19) on a 2006 Z4. He called me yesterday saying that he wouldn't be able to give me a production number for another week because of some delay casued by the world cup in Germany. I thought Z4's were made in the US. I didn't ask him for more details at that time because I was busy at work when he called me. Has anyone heard about this problem recenlty?
Also, it seems that the car won't be delivered until September. If the $2000 incentive goes away in September, will the dealer still get the incentive? Is the incentive determined by the time of order or delivery?

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,358 Posts
The Z4's are made in Spartansburg, S.C. Maybe there are parts that could be delayed or maybe your CA thinks your clueless.:dunno:

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
I would assume your CA is a moron and thinks you are too.

Although I do recall hearing that plants did close for a few days during the cup. Cant recall if they were BMW or supplier plants though.

Could just be a convenient excuse for the summer slowdown in Europe around this time of the year.

·
Registered Abuser
547 Posts
Uh, yeah...uh that's it...the world cup is to blame...not me that's for sure!!! Oh and by the way...I'm married to Morgan Fairchild...whom I've seen naked!!!

You've been lied to caldude.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts