BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
...worked on the railroad
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I finally, finally did it! I went with what I truly wanted, and gave my man Paul at Crevier BMW (Santa Ana Auto Mall) a $1,000 check for a Topaz Blue Metallic, 325i, Black Leatherette (I hope, Lord willing, to keep him for at least 10 years, and the leatherette holds up better over time [but it doesn't smell as nice! :) ]

The G35 is a very nice car, with loads of features; I wish Infiniti all the success in the world - but it just wasn't want I really, really, really wanted.

Soooo - production number 3561776 is on order, production date of 10/4/2002; should be in SoCal around November, I would think?

Peace be with you all!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
Congratulations. It is very exciting receiving your production number and then starting the tracking process.

Join the rest of us upcoming 2003 owner in the following thread! You'll see just how crazy we all are and some 2003s are already on the boats to the US!

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11306
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
Congratulations! I hope to be in the same position as you real soon.

Did you get a decent deal at Crevier?

I can't decide between Crevier or Irvine (though a drive to Santa Barbara sure sounds nice....)
 

·
...worked on the railroad
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SteveM said:
Congratulations! I hope to be in the same position as you real soon.

Did you get a decent deal at Crevier?

I can't decide between Crevier or Irvine (though a drive to Santa Barbara sure sounds nice....)
Hello, neighbor! (sort of; I live in The Land Of Bovine Living, aka Chino Hills [which has gotten expensive!])

I'm around the same price I would have gotten at amazon.com/cars; around $35K out-the-door, including the Premium Package and Harmon-Kardon stereo (he put it in at cost)

I did check out Savage BMW in Ontario (closer), but to be honest, the dealers in Orange County tend to treat you better, I think.

Hmm...never checked out Irvine BMW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
I know where Chino Hills is - I work in Anaheim and the bovine wind blows from that direction occasionally :D

Thanks for the input!

I bet the wait will nearly drive you crazy...
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,461 Posts
Psst!

For a 325i sedan order (especially a bimmerfest.com member),
I will beat anybody's deal...

Read: anybody's...
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
Jon Shafer said:
Psst!

For a 325i sedan order (especially a bimmerfest.com member),
I will beat anybody's deal...

Read: anybody's...
Ah a few extra allocations I presume:p

As stated several times, too bad a lot of us are on the East coast. I have done well with my dealer but a PC pickup via Cutter may not be out of the question when the time arrives:dunno: But it will not be a 325i next time around:angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
car_for_mom said:
Yep, I finally, finally did it! I went with what I truly wanted, and gave my man Paul at Crevier BMW (Santa Ana Auto Mall) a $1,000 check for a Topaz Blue Metallic, 325i, Black Leatherette (I hope, Lord willing, to keep him for at least 10 years, and the leatherette holds up better over time [but it doesn't smell as nice! :) ]

The G35 is a very nice car, with loads of features; I wish Infiniti all the success in the world - but it just wasn't want I really, really, really wanted.

Soooo - production number 3561776 is on order, production date of 10/4/2002; should be in SoCal around November, I would think?

Peace be with you all!
I only had to put $500 down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Mmmm... Cutter (drool)

I'm saving $450 going with Cutter rather than Crevier. One thing I will say about Crevier, is that they didn't give me any trouble about refunding my deposit- since I switched after I had already given Crevier a deposit... Got a check back in the mail in about a week and a half.
Talk to Jon.
 

·
...worked on the railroad
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: production number 3561776!

twosomeca said:


I only had to put $500 down.
Well, Paul told me I could give him whatever - I just gave him the 1 Large...seemed like a nice, round number :D

Paul asked me about financing; the spouse ABSOLUTELY wants me to pay cash (I have $26K in my savings; should have about $36K by the time the car arrives); Paul told me if I put $25K down, payments (48 months) would be about $229 or less...not too bad, and I could always prepay it.

Spouse is definitely opposed....soooo, I suppose, if I'm a bit short, he's going to take money out of the account HE manages to make up the difference! :p

BTW - he's paid off the mortgage and credit cards - he's very, very determined to have NO debt!!!!!
 

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
Joined
·
5,352 Posts
Jon Shafer said:
Psst!

For a 325i sedan order (especially a bimmerfest.com member),
I will beat anybody's deal...

Read: anybody's...
Now he tells me :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,461 Posts
Re: Mmmm... Cutter (drool)

ClothSeats? said:
I'm saving $450 going with Cutter rather than Crevier. One thing I will say about Crevier, is that they didn't give me any trouble about refunding my deposit- since I switched after I had already given Crevier a deposit... Got a check back in the mail in about a week and a half.
Talk to Jon.
:D
 

·
:-)
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
Jon Shafer said:
Psst!

For a 325i sedan order (especially a bimmerfest.com member),
I will beat anybody's deal...

Read: anybody's...
how about a 325Ci order?

i also have questions about ordering a car, i'll make a separate thread in the 'dear jon' forum.. thx.
 

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
Joined
·
7,078 Posts
Hmm.... How about a 330Ci 5-spd? :D

I've been hopping back and forth between my local dealers too (Crevier and Irvine). Me and my buddies have sort of a ritual thing... we'll go eat someplace... then go to either Crevier or Irvine (sometimes both) to drool on the cars... haha :p

My experiences at Irvine have been better than at Crevier though... I went down to Crevier on my day off one day to check out (and hopefully test drive) a car. While the guy who came up to me (don't remember his name... but it started with an "A") didn't necessarily treat me badly, he gave me some schpiel about being too busy and having to prep some M5 for someone... well geesh... at least he could've found me someone else who COULD show me a car... I practically had to beg him to even open one up for me to sit in and check out the stereo. The more I thought about it, the more irritated I got at that. I went straight to Irvine right after, and got my test drive, no hassles at all. We'll see where I do end up buying from in the end.... (hmm... like someone else mentioned... Santa Barbara might not be a bad idea too :angel: ) hehehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,601 Posts
car_for_mom said:
I hope, Lord willing, to keep him for at least 10 years, and the leatherette holds up better over time ...
Him? How can you not see that "him" is actually a "she"! My 325 is a "she", and she deserves it :)

Maybe for 2003 they changed the sex of the cars? Or am I missing something? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
doeboy said:
Hmm.... How about a 330Ci 5-spd? :D

I've been hopping back and forth between my local dealers too (Crevier and Irvine). Me and my buddies have sort of a ritual thing... we'll go eat someplace... then go to either Crevier or Irvine (sometimes both) to drool on the cars... haha :p

My experiences at Irvine have been better than at Crevier though... I went down to Crevier on my day off one day to check out (and hopefully test drive) a car. While the guy who came up to me (don't remember his name... but it started with an "A") didn't necessarily treat me badly, he gave me some schpiel about being too busy and having to prep some M5 for someone... well geesh... at least he could've found me someone else who COULD show me a car... I practically had to beg him to even open one up for me to sit in and check out the stereo. The more I thought about it, the more irritated I got at that. I went straight to Irvine right after, and got my test drive, no hassles at all. We'll see where I do end up buying from in the end.... (hmm... like someone else mentioned... Santa Barbara might not be a bad idea too :angel: ) hehehe
If you are in Irvine, just figure out what you want no matter where you have to go and then order the car from a dealer you want to deal with. You are right, SB isn't that far away, so you could consider Cutter's, but you probably won't be servicing up there, but you never know. Also, my experience in buying BMW is not the same as with other dealers. I made an appointment with my dealer before I went in. I was given undivided attention as I was expected. My dealer had scheduling issues as well, including the delivery of an M5. Just work around it. Of course, I was not a casual shopper. I knew what I wanted. Read up on BMW and build some cars at www.bmwusa.com and then you'll be in good shape. Good luck.
 

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
Joined
·
7,078 Posts
I want something like what you drive... :D

Here's basically something like what I want:

330Ci 5-spd.
Orient Blue (unless I can manage to get something special somehow ;) Imola Red maybe? hehe)
Probably black interior
Bi-Xenon
Sport Pkg
Moonroof? (not sure yet if I want this... :dunno: )

believe me... I've built so many different combos on bmwusa already... :angel:

I think the color would be the only really "weird" thing.... not a standard choice, but hey... if you can get that in Canada, why not here? We're still NA too... :p hehe
 

·
...worked on the railroad
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Re: production number 3561776!

rost12 said:


Him? How can you not see that "him" is actually a "she"! My 325 is a "she", and she deserves it :)

Maybe for 2003 they changed the sex of the cars? Or am I missing something? :)
Weeeeellll, since I'm a girl, my Baby Bimmer is a "he"!

A _fine_ (as in "Antonio Banderas/Sean Connery/Denzel Washington are fine") "he"!

:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
doeboy, not sure if you were talking to me, but the car you describe is very close to mine, so I am only guessing. I do think that the OB is a classy, deep and rich color. I have seen the OB in the Black, sand, and grey interior. All of them work. I really liked the sand interior, but a friend of mine in Sac has that combo. He tells me that it is harder to keep clean, but he has done a good job with his. I think the contrast is awesome. I went black because I needed to keep the interior as clean looking as possible (kid on the way) and free of scruff marks (car seat), etc...In the end, I think the combo is very classy even if not quite as contrasting. My recommendation would be to look at some models with the color combo and see how it hits you. I looked at about 5 different exterior colors with various interiors. What you are building sounds nice.

BTW, if you were referring to me, I don't live in Canada. Actually, I am an Orange County transplant temporarily in Portland, OR. I understand that this is an OC board! Makes me feel like I am back home. :thumbup:

doeboy said:
I want something like what you drive... :D

Here's basically something like what I want:

330Ci 5-spd.
Orient Blue (unless I can manage to get something special somehow ;) Imola Red maybe? hehe)
Probably black interior
Bi-Xenon
Sport Pkg
Moonroof? (not sure yet if I want this... :dunno: )

believe me... I've built so many different combos on bmwusa already... :angel:

I think the color would be the only really "weird" thing.... not a standard choice, but hey... if you can get that in Canada, why not here? We're still NA too... :p hehe
 

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
Joined
·
7,078 Posts
doeboy, not sure if you were talking to me, but the car you describe is very close to mine, so I am only guessing. I do think that the OB is a classy, deep and rich color. I have seen the OB in the Black, sand, and grey interior. All of them work. I really liked the sand interior, but a friend of mine in Sac has that combo. He tells me that it is harder to keep clean, but he has done a good job with his. I think the contrast is awesome. I went black because I needed to keep the interior as clean looking as possible (kid on the way) and free of scruff marks (car seat), etc...In the end, I think the combo is very classy even if not quite as contrasting. My recommendation would be to look at some models with the color combo and see how it hits you. I looked at about 5 different exterior colors with various interiors. What you are building sounds nice.
Yup, I was replying to you twosomeca... I was considering OB and Sand, Grey and Black interiors too... I was thinking the same thing, that I'd really like a black interior because it's not as hard to keep clean (it doesn't show as much) but the sand or grey really seem to match better... decisions.... :dunno:

Now, if I'm able to get the car in Imola somehow, ;) then definitely black interior for me.... :D

We'll see I suppose... time to check those Lotto numbers and see if I lost $5 or not... :p hehehe
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top