BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
25,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys do it? I mean, I spend 10 hours claybarring, polishing twice (medium polish, fine polish) paint cleaning, and waxing my auto, and my frigging arms, particularly the shoulder tendons, feel as though they're about to fall out. Yes, I do have a random orbital, and I understand that you may do less on your customers autos, but...to do this day in and day out...you must have cartilege(sp) and tendons of steel! :eek:

5,840 Posts
Ripsnort said:
How do you guys do it? to do this day in and day out
I think you answered your own question. You build up the muscles needed for what you do regularly. Look at the construction trade, carpenters, masons, etc. The muscles they need, work. The rest, well?

· Banned
25,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, its not the muscles that are sore, (bear in mind I hit the gym 5 days a week, weight lifting) but the tendons, and joints. Maybe you just don't find many Pro detailers over 40? :dunno:

· Banned
25,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alee said:
My theory: In the back room marked "Private - Employees Only" they have an automatic car wash with the special pink wax. :D
ROTFLOL! Well if Seattle BMW's detailer is any measurement of that theory, I'd agree! I had alot of swirls on my finish on delivery day, but nothing that I knew I couldn't work out once I got home.

· The Original Dr. Phil
11,419 Posts
alee said:
My theory: In the back room marked "Private - Employees Only" they have an automatic car wash with the special pink wax. :D
:lmao: :lmao:

Especially at Otto's :banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.