BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my car (2008 335i) for over a year and am just now getting around to trying to program the HomeLink buttons. My condo complex uses the Door King remotes which according to Door King's site are incompatible, but my neighbor has gotten it to work with his new Avalanche, which uses the Lear Car2U system, which seems fairly similar. I've tried using the programming method in the BMW owner's manual as well as the method on the HomeLink site and the one my neighbor used for his truck (I'm pretty sure it's the same system), but nothing's working. Am I stuck using the keychain opener to get into my garage, or can someone here tell me another way to try programming it?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I've had the HomeLink system in the last 5 cars and found them sometimes tempermental during programming so there may be a chance. The incompatibility also may be in the random key generator and not in the transmission side of the system which would keep you from using it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i've tried that as well. i think i might give up soon, my next idea is to find other BMW drivers at the car wash stall and see if they've gotten it to work...

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
yeah i've tried that as well. i think i might give up soon, my next idea is to find other BMW drivers at the car wash stall and see if they've gotten it to work...
Your best bet is to call Homelink, the # is in your manual, and they will walk you thru it step by step if it can be done. Good luck
cheers
vern

·
F1, MotoGP & 'Ring addict
143 Posts
Did you ever get it to work?

Having the same problem - can't program my 335i to my door king . my door king remote says 318 mHz on the back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never got it to work. It's a shame I can't put this thing to good use, but it's easy enough to just put my keys in the ash tray

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I never got it to work. It's a shame I can't put this thing to good use, but it's easy enough to just put my keys in the ash tray
Did you ever call Home link to walk you through it?:dunno:
cheers
vern

1 - 9 of 9 Posts