BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As i call the come up on my project , concentrated on the engine bay .
Now moving on to following parts and recommendations are needed .

1. Charge pipe and blow off valve kit - which are the best brand
2. Front and rear suspension - which are the best type
3. Front end links - Tie rod ends , bushings - which are the good brand

So far work completed

1. New water pump
2. New turbos
3. Valve cover gasket - car had a sweat leak
4. Oil pan gasket - light sweat leak
5. 166 wheels installed
6. Complete tune up
7. New brakes Front and back
8. radiator flushed

Is there any else i should change or look at ,
At the present time car running great .

Thanks Guys ,

BTW - i used the search button but there is really not clear answers and too much info to go thru ,
LOL .
7A6C2F24-B14F-4789-AF0F-AA1B6ED59B78.jpeg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fitment on xi cars drastically limits selection for a lot of mods.

Coilovers are a good suspension/asthetic upgrade. Options are limited. KW V3s are excellent, but pricey. These used to be the only option - I think there may be newer offerings from other brands, but I have not seen/heard any firsthand accounts for an xi e60.

There are more options for CPs - I have ER and like it very much. Direct bolt on and OE look in black finish. Factory and Forge DVs, or HKS or Tial BOVs are all options.

Lemforder or TRW are good OE/OEM options for tie rods.

Choice of bushings is usually a trade-off: comfort, compliance, quiet vs. stiffness and NVH. Personally, I am content with stock bushings.

"Best" often really depends on personal preference. Consider all of the foregoing with that grain of salt.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fitment on xi cars drastically limits selection for a lot of mods.

Coilovers are a good suspension/asthetic upgrade. Options are limited. KW V3s are excellent, but pricey. These used to be the only option - I think there may be newer offerings from other brands, but I have not seen/heard any firsthand accounts for an xi e60.

There are more options for CPs - I have ER and like it very much. Direct bolt on and OE look in black finish. Factory and Forge DVs, or HKS or Tial BOVs are all options.

Lemforder or TRW are good OE/OEM options for tie rods.

Choice of bushings is usually a trade-off: comfort, compliance, quiet vs. stiffness and NVH. Personally, I am content with stock bushings.

"Best" often really depends on personal preference. Consider all of the foregoing with that grain of salt.
Nice , Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts