BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I finally acquired my first BMW 05 325i It’s been a dream come true however my car was someone else’s project so there are some issues that have presented themselves. As the title suggest my projector headlights are not working, angel eyes function properly, high beams work although unsure if proper function is happening. I will do my best to offer any info that may be helpful but I am new to this platform so be gentle.

in the following picture I show the wires comming into the headlight.
Neither side works both headlamp indicators are showing bad bulb/disconnect.
The grey plug for the low beam is getting no power.
The angel eyes work just fine.
LCM was pulled and reconnected as I read this may fix some issues.
All other lights function properly with the execption of the floor panel lights flicker occasionally.
Fuse #58 for adaptive lighting is good although if I am not mistaken I should still get power to the light correct?
high beam halogens stay on with turn signal lever forward I saw in the sticky post this is not supposed to be the case which is why I question proper function.
could this be a bad retrofit?
Where should I go from here any suggestions?
Thank you in advance for your time and help with this issue. This is going to pose a serious problem for state inspection.

Automotive tire Light Tire Electrical wiring Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the previous owner put some kind of aftermarket projector headlight assemblies in your car, which do NOT have bi-xenon projectors (unless a retrofit was done). That explains why the inner halogens come on when you push the stalk forward.

I'm willing to bet the ballasts and/or bulbs could be bad. Lucky for you, HID kits are relatively cheap. Lots of people swear by Morimoto, but I've had nothing but great experiences with the DDM Tuning Ultra HID kits. Supposedly, they use Hylux ballasts, and they cost about 30% less than other places who sell high-end HID kits.
Awesome, thanks so much for the feedback. I’ll give it a look and see what I can find out from here. This platform is very different than the Rx-7 platform I am more familiar with but I’m a quick study and I absolutely love this car. Thanks again for your time and information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts