BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've done some research on the BMW ambient temp sensor (measures outside temp), and have found that virtually all BMW models use the same sensor. They cost about $30 and up from online sources. Fortunately, they are available in bulk for less than $1, with a caveat.

For the bulk buy, you will be getting the sensor component (NTC Thermistor) waterproofed and protected, and mounted on a 2 position Molex screw type terminal block. To install, you will need to cut and strip your existing wires at the connector, insert the wires in the terminal block and tighten, and then waterproof the terminal block with tape if you so desire.

Here is a picture of the part:

Cost will be $9.95 which includes shipping to US addresses. Those outside the US will need to pay for shipping.

PM or reply here if you'd like to order one. I'll be posting a PayPal link once the kits are ready, probably by this Friday, 12/2/2011

Cheers!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bluebee.

I have ordered the parts, and the kits should be available for purchase by 12/2/2011. the sensor will be assembled, protected with heat shrink tubing and mounted to a screw-type Molex terminal block. To install, simply clip and strip your existing wires, then screw them into the terminal block. Waterproof with tape if you wish, but shouldn't be necessary.

I'll provide a PayPal link for ordering once they are available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.