BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Fish, thanks for the link and research. Color and one model year aside it looks like the exact same car. Comparable in price too then one here has fewer miles on it too. I've got a trusted bmw friend coming with me tomorrow to take a look. Hopefully it has a clean bill of health:):) fingers crossed and will keep posted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Recently purchased F07

Hello. I'm a newbie here, and a new BMW owner, and have done exactly what you are trying to do. I recently purchased a 2010 535i GT, CPO from a BMW dealer in Ohio. The car had 58,000 miles on it, was immaculate, and the CPO warranty covers it till Feb '17 or 100,000 miles. I paid $25k.

I wanted the champagne and caviar on the Hot Dog and Beer budget, too. I've had the car just over 30 days and just dropped it at the local dealer for warranty work on the central locking system and a curious, intermittent throttle response on startup. Overall, the car makes a formidable argument as a choice over a small SUV (utility) or a standard sedan (sport). It blends the best of both, and is a pleasure to drive. I have two small children and a dog, and never travel light. So this car is just about perfect.

That said, I would have never purchased without the CPO warranty, as I am deathly afraid of repair costs for a BMW. Having already had to exercise the warranty on electrical gremlins, I would highly suggest the extra $$. My car has many more miles, of course, but the things you normally worry about (engine, transmission, mechanical issues) are less frightening to me than the proverbial death by a thousand razor blades (many many little issues bleeding you down over time). Spring for a good warranty and you won't have to worry so much, and can truly enjoy a wonderful car.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
@first5series- thanks for the advice and experience! I did it. I pulled the trigger on the GT ! Of course it came with a couple of conditions. Overall looking at 27500. I had the dings and scratches painted all around, battery replaced, 4 new run flat tires, dsc and TPMS sensors replaced, new sunroof mechanics installed, and they will fix the drivers side comfort locks (I have to press down on the handle more than I would like. ) driving it plenty over here on the autobahn before I ship it to the states to shake out the gremlins. Then have a warranty to cover me stateside as well. It's been a joy so far, with the only outlying issue is finding out how to get North American maps on it as it has European right now. With two kids and a dog as well, I think this is the trip maker :). It's a nice blue with white interior (let's see how long that lasts!! )and the bottom line is that this car is a niche and speaks to individuality. Glad to own and be a part of the group!!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I did a Euro delivery on mine, and it obviously had the European maps in it. They swapped them upon entry to the US. But, you can download the latest maps and there are at least several people that can obtain the required key, and once you have the files in hand, you can update the vehicle in about an hour or less.

One thing you may want to check is how to reset the FM radio so that it will tune our stations. While the band is the same, where the digital tuner looks for a signal is not. I do not know if the AM radio steps are different as well.

While I had mine in Germany, I kept to the recommendations for breakin, and didn't get over 100mph, but it felt very willing to go faster! It would have been interesting to see what it really could do, but not on a green engine!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
... I recently purchased a 2010 535i GT, CPO from a BMW dealer in Ohio. ...
I thought the GT came out in the US as a 550 only and that the 535 didn't come out till 2011. Can someone straighten me out?:dunno:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hey ErnestHouse :). Mine is also a 2010 but you are correct in that the 550 came first. The 535i came about halfway through the year, mine is a June 2010 build. I think the 2011 model year started in August or September of 2010.

·
Registered
492 Posts
In my opinion The GT is meant to be a luxury touring sedan and this car lacks many of the options that give it that feel... As others have pointed out, it lacks Sports Package (which gives you the leather wrapped steering wheel and 10 way adjustable seats and larger alloy wheels), it doesn't seem to have Comfort Access (which gives power tail gate, soft close doors (a MUST!), and keyless entry (another MUST))... You also ideally want to have some driver assistance options like Heads-Up-Display (HUD) and at a minimum the rear backup camera (because of the GTs height and the size and shape of the rear window) parking is benefited by the Camera Package (ideally with Surround View as well). The exterior color is not a good one (in terms of resale value) nor is the interior color (the ivory leather gets dirty easily, especially if you sit down with a fresh pair of jeans on)... Though for a 2010 it does have relatively low miles, it is out of its factory 4 year warranty and the GT can be quite a finicky car though probably less so with the barebones options that this one has... Everything for the GT, and BMWs in general, is expensive to fix. I reckon you can find a much better outfitted, lower mileage, newer model year, and better color combo for as much as you're looking to pay here, or perhaps a little more... If you have an extra $5k to spend, it'd definitely recommend finding a better equipped GT that is Certified Pre-Owned and/or with some extended warranty. Also, note that immediately upon purchase, you're going to want to have the N63 Customer Care Package (Recall work done) -- though this may only apply to the V8 (550i) model. Good luck and if you end up not choosing this car, be sure to come back with other options you are looking at and we will be happy to chime in!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Like others have said... Wait until you get back to the states and shop around until you find EXACTLY what you're looking for... Here's a late 2011 (in service date 12/10), black/black with sports package and several other highly desireable options, with less miles, at less cost, for sale in Florida, which assuming the car is native to Florida which it could be is in my opinion the best case scenario, given the more ideal weather that they have there than say, Chicago or somewhere in the northern part of the country where winters do extra wear and tear on the vehicle. Also, it's the V8, which you may or may not want, but is the more expensive model (but for cheaper than what you're looking at paying)... I present this example only to show you that you can get a newer, lower mileage, better looking/better equipped GT than this particular one you're considering.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=106399848

Used a vin decoder to check out what its equipped with:

Data for vehicle identification number: WBASN4C53BC209806
Model description: 550i
Market: USA
Type: SN43
E-Code: F07
Chassis: Gran Turismo
Steering: links
Doors: 4
Engine: N63B44O0 - 4,40l (300kW)
Drive: Heckantrieb
Transmission: automatisch
Body Color: Black Sapphire Metallic (475)
Upholstery: Leder Dakota/schwarz (LCSW)
Production date: 30.12.2010
Assembled in: Dingolfing

Code Serienausstattung Standard Equipment
S1CDA
Brake Energy Regeneration Brake Energy Regeneration
S212A
Ausstattung Bremsanlage Länder Equipment, brake syst. country-specific
S302A
Alarmanlage Alarm system
S402A
Panoramadach elektrisch Electric panoramic roof
S4BNA
Edelholzausführung Eschenmaser Fine-wood trim ash grain
S4URA
Ambientes Innenlicht Ambient interior lighting
S508A
Park Distance Control (PDC) Park Distance Control (PDC)
S522A
Xenon-Licht Xenon Light
S524A
Adaptives Kurvenlicht Adaptive Headlights
S534A
Klimaautomatik Automatic air conditioning
S5DSA
Notentriegelung Kofferraum Emergency release, luggage compartment
S645A
BMW US Radio BMW US Radio
S823A
Heissland-Ausführung Hot-climate version
S845A
Akustische Gurtwarnung Acoustic belt warning
S850A
Zusätzl. Tankfüllung Export Additional Export tank filling
S853A
Sprachversion englisch Language version English
S876A
Funkfrequenz 315 MHz Radio frequency 315 MHz
S8SMA
Fahrgestellnummer von aussen sichtbar Car ident. number visible from outside

Code Sonderausstattung Optional Equipment
S1CAA
Selektion COP relevanter Fahrzeuge Selection of COP relevant vehicles
S255A
Sport-Lederlenkrad Airbag Sports leather steering wheel
S2LGA
BMW LM Rad Y-Speiche 315
S2VBA
Reifendruckanzeige Tyre pressure control (TPC)
S316A
Automatische Heckklappenbetätigung automatic trunk lid mechanism
S319A
Integrierte Universal-Fernbedienung Integrated universal remote control
S322A
Komfortzugang Comfort access
S323A
Soft-Close-Automatik Türen Soft-Close-Automatic doors
S3AGA
Rückfahrkamera Reversing camera
S416A
Sonnenschutzrollo hinten/seitlich Roller sun vizor, rear lateral
S423A
Fussmatten Velours Floor mats, velours
S430A
Innen-/Aussensp. mit Abblendautomatik Interior/outside mirror with auto dip
S431A
Innenspiegel automatisch abblendend Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S456A
Komfortsitz mit Memory Comfort seat with memory
S488A
Lordosenstütze Fahrer u. Beifahrer Lumbar support, driver and passenger
S502A
Scheinwerferreinigungsanlage Headlight cleaning system
S5ACA
Fernlichtassistent High-beam assistant
S5ADA
Spurverlassenswarnung Lane departure warning
S5AGA
Spurwechselwarnung Lane-change warning
S5DLA
Surround View Surround View
S609A
Navigationssystem Professional Navigation system Professional
S615A
Erweiterte BMW Online Information Expanded BMW Online Information
S620A
Spracheingabe Voice control
S639A
Vorbereitung Handy komplett USA/CDN Preparation f mobile phone cpl. USA/CDN
S655A
Satellitentuner Satellite tuner
S677A
HiFi System Professional DSP HiFi System Professional DSP
S697A
Area-Code 1 für DVD Area-Code 1 for DVD
S6AAA
BMW TeleServices BMW TeleServices
S6ABA
Steuerung Teleservices Control for Teleservices
S6FLA
USB-/Audio-Schnittstelle USB/Audio interface
S6UHA
Traffic Information Traffic Information
S6VCA
Steuerung Combox Control for Combox
S760A
Hochglanz Shadow-Line High gloss shadow line
S840A
Hochgeschwindigkeitsabstimmung High speed synchronisation
S8KCA
Ölwartungsinterval 24.000km/24Monate
S8S4A
Decodierung variable Lichtverteilung Decoding variable light distribution
S8SCA
Freischaltung Telematik länderspez. Telematics access request,country-spec.
S8TLA
Tagfahrlicht Front und Hech aktiv
S8TNA
Tagfahrlicht über Lichtmenü
S925A
Versandschutzpaket Transport protection package

·
Registered
492 Posts
I just noticed that the picture of the odometer shows that the car has 10k more miles than the information given by the website... Even so, it's still 3k miles less than the one you're considering, and would allow you to bid lower than the $28k that it's listed at on the site, though given that the mileage information doesn't jive, they may have the price wrong too... Moral of the story, wait and shop around, and try to get something that still has some remaining FACTORY warranty.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just noticed that the picture of the odometer shows that the car has 10k more miles than the information given by the website... Even so, it's still 3k miles less than the one you're considering, and would allow you to bid lower than the $28k that it's listed at on the site, though given that the mileage information doesn't jive, they may have the price wrong too... Moral of the story, wait and shop around, and try to get something that still has some remaining FACTORY warranty.
STRMTRPR550iGT Dude, he already bought it. It's a done deal. I enjoyed your stories though.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Whoops! Lol... my bad... Everyone told him not to but he did anyway... Hmmmm... OK, well congrats to him, I hope it works out! Should I go back and delete all my comments? :-/

·
Registered
105 Posts
Whoops! Lol... my bad... Everyone told him not to but he did anyway... Hmmmm... OK, well congrats to him, I hope it works out! Should I go back and delete all my comments? :-/
Not only did they tell him NOT to but it, they said RUN AWAY. Why did he take the time to post here if he wasn't going to listen to any of the very valid responses? It is a base model without options. Bah.

I paid less than that for my heavily optioned, lower mileage 550GT.

·
Registered
492 Posts
@Whiterock *boggle*

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.