BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got a used fully loaded 2004 330i ZHP today and I'm so ecstatic this is the only place I can find to share my excitement. I just can't belive how absolutely gorgeous this car is. It's so unbelievably awesome I'm still shaking. I've never felt this way about a car before. BTW I traded in my old 1999 323i and now I finally feel that I'm driving a REAL BMW.

Anyway this is what I got:
330i ZHP
14,900 miles
Jet black/black leather
Automatic
Xenon headlights
Cold weather package
Navi system
Sun shade
HK sound

Anyways just wanted to share my joy and hope to discuss with you guys in the future about my 330i ZHP experiences. :thumbup:

·
Pastafarian Extraordinair
2,347 Posts
Welcome!! I hope it brings you many years of joy!!

Post some picks when you get the chance. :)

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,346 Posts
Congratulations!!! :thumbup:

You made the right choice that you will enjoy for many years to come. :D

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
tehkao said:
I just got a used fully loaded 2004 330i ZHP today and I'm so ecstatic this is the only place I can find to share my excitement. I just can't belive how absolutely gorgeous this car is. It's so unbelievably awesome I'm still shaking. I've never felt this way about a car before. BTW I traded in my old 1999 323i and now I finally feel that I'm driving a REAL BMW.

Anyway this is what I got:
330i ZHP
14,900 miles
Jet black/black leather
Automatic
Xenon headlights
Cold weather package
Navi system
Sun shade
HK sound

Anyways just wanted to share my joy and hope to discuss with you guys in the future about my 330i ZHP experiences. :thumbup:
Congrats, post pics. :thumbup: I predict you start a thread in 2 years about you sold the ZHP and got an M3 and how you feel like you're now driving a real BMW. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Uh, "Automatic" and "real BMW" don't belong in the same sentance. I can't believe that the ZHP is even offered with the slushbox. What is the world coming to? :tsk: What's you first mod going to be? An iDrive retro-fit?

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
wmole said:
Uh, "Automatic" and "real BMW" don't belong in the same sentance. I can't believe that the ZHP is even offered with the slushbox. What is the world coming to? :tsk: What's you first mod going to be? An iDrive retro-fit?
:flame: Shut up! I drive an MT also, but if he's happy with the Auto then good for him, that's why we get to option our cars. As far as autos go, the steptronic is a good one anyway.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Moderato said:
Congrats, post pics. :thumbup: I predict you start a thread in 2 years about you sold the ZHP and got an M3 and how you feel like you're now driving a real BMW. :p
What do you mean by sell the ZHP and buy an M3 and drive a REAL BMW. That's a crappy statement! I hope you didn't mean that the M3 is the only real BMW!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sorry, HE started the Real BMW thing. Moderato, Please accept my apologies. (open mouth and remove foot) I'm an Ass!

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,845 Posts
Sounds great -- congratulations! At least your black interior will make up a bit for the black exterior as far as cleaning effort. I've got sand leather in my sapphire black, although I find I only need to clean the seats every 6 weeks or so.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I got an auto. I had a manual on my 323i and I drove that for 6 years and to be honest, I was getting a little tired of all the shifting...especially now I live in LA and have to deal with much more traffic.

BTW I read on a thread here somewhere that you don't lose that much performance with the auto on a ZHP...maybe .2 seconds off your 0-60 or so. That isn't bad.

Anyways I was so excited yesterday, I couldn't sleep, hehe. One thing I'm slightly worried about though, is the gas mileage. I've heard people say that they average only 20 or 21 mpg while I thought the norm should be 24-25 with mixed driving. I guess I'll find out soon.

BTW, I was wondering what you guys think of the deal I got. I paid $37K for the car and got a 9K trade in on my stripped down 99 323i with 130K miles. The 2004 had an original sticker price of close to 49K since it was fully loaded. It has CPO, Premium, Navi, Cold Pack, almost everything except the kitchen sink.

I think I got a pretty good trade in value, but might have overpaid a bit on the 2004. I guess I should have read this forum earlier..I didn't realize that you can actually buy a new 2005 ZHP for only [email protected]! If I knew that earlier I might have tried to hunt down a new 2005 instead....
:dunno:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also to be honest... I was looking at a lot of different cars and was actually THIS close to buying a new Acura TL instead...but in the end my heart wouldn't let me do it...I knew deep down inside that what I really wanted was a BMW and couldn't settle for anything less!

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
tehkao said:
Yes I got an auto. I had a manual on my 323i and I drove that for 6 years and to be honest, I was getting a little tired of all the shifting...especially now I live in LA and have to deal with much more traffic.

BTW I read on a thread here somewhere that you don't lose that much performance with the auto on a ZHP...maybe .2 seconds off your 0-60 or so. That isn't bad.

Anyways I was so excited yesterday, I couldn't sleep, hehe. One thing I'm slightly worried about though, is the gas mileage. I've heard people say that they average only 20 or 21 mpg while I thought the norm should be 24-25 with mixed driving. I guess I'll find out soon.

BTW, I was wondering what you guys think of the deal I got. I paid $37K for the car and got a 9K trade in on my stripped down 99 323i with 130K miles. The 2004 had an original sticker price of close to 49K since it was fully loaded. It has CPO, Premium, Navi, Cold Pack, almost everything except the kitchen sink.

I think I got a pretty good trade in value, but might have overpaid a bit on the 2004. I guess I should have read this forum earlier..I didn't realize that you can actually buy a new 2005 ZHP for only [email protected]! If I knew that earlier I might have tried to hunt down a new 2005 instead....
Is it CPO? If so it's not too bad a price - you couldn't buy a new ZHP with those options for below $42k - they were going for about $7k off sticker this spring, but they're all gone anyway, so you didn't miss out.

·
Certified Organic Fanatic
2,544 Posts
tehkao said:

Yeah... should've done new... IF you could have found one. I don't think you could have... so its a mute point.
As for the auto... The 6spd is incredible... but the auto is right there as well. In fact, if it was the new 6spd auto from the E90... then I think it would be about even. I'm sure I'll get torched for that one... but Oh well. :dunno: When I bought my '04 in Nov of last year... I could not find a 6spd... anywhere West of the Rockies. I've been racing for years... so one of the hardest things I had to do was to settle... but I must say, I haven't been disappointed. In fact... I posted an open challenge to any one in SoCal with a 6spd... I would love to go head to head to 60 to see just how close it really is. :thumbup: No one has taken me up on that challenge... yet. I'm eagerly waiting. :D

·
Grinning from ear to ear
2,029 Posts
Hey Congratulations on the new ZHP. It is a truly amazing car. Sure it doesn't have some of the ultra-refined tech features that the TL has - but the car is so much more fun to drive - and that's what really counts. I went through the same decision process back in December and the ZHP just kept winning out. You will LOVE your car. And don't even think about price anymore - that's a thing of the past. Just worry about enjoying every dollar you put into it now. :thumbup:

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
Congratulations! I've got 14000 miles now on my 04 330i (w/ZHP) and have had no issues or problems so far. Nice choice in exterior/interior colors also!

·
Registered
336 Posts
tehkao said:
Also to be honest... I was looking at a lot of different cars and was actually THIS close to buying a new Acura TL instead...but in the end my heart wouldn't let me do it...I knew deep down inside that what I really wanted was a BMW and couldn't settle for anything less!
Amen bro. I too, was THIS CLOSE to buying a 3rd gen. TL.
Love my 330i :thumbup:

·
bmw330pp
1,545 Posts
Congrats, hope all goes well with your car. :thumbup:

SpeedFreak I told you I'm up for the race, but mine is a coupe. I think you are looking for a four door ZHP 6 spd. :)

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
Maximus57 said:
Sorry, HE started the Real BMW thing. Moderato, Please accept my apologies. (open mouth and remove foot) I'm an Ass!
No worries. Actually I was thinking about myself when I posted what I did. When I first got my 330i I posted about how it was the best car in the world etc...., anyway all I've been doing now is lusting for an M3. :angel:

·
Certified Organic Fanatic
2,544 Posts
bmw330pp said:
Congrats, hope all goes well with your car. :thumbup:

SpeedFreak I told you I'm up for the race, but mine is a coupe. I think you are looking for a four door ZHP 6 spd. :)
Naw man... coupe or sedan... I'm cool... I say we hit Sorrento Valley one of these nights... or should I say mornings (1-2am)... :thumbup:

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
NASA43 said:
Congratulations! I've got 14000 miles now on my 04 330i (w/ZHP) and have had no issues or problems so far. Nice choice in exterior/interior colors also!
Hey buddy! :) You hardly post on here, it's good to see you again. We got our cars delivered at the same time.....I'm at 16K miles now. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts