BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
I don't have a 330 (with or without sport package) and I don't have PS2s, but I know lots of folks that do. No question, the OEM Contis can't hold a candle to the PS2s!!!!

Now, if you are a very timid driver and never go faster than 25 MPH, the PS2s would be a waste of money for you.

·
909 Posts
I just had the PS2 installed last week. All I can say is this is one incredible tire. Even though I'm not familiar with the Contisports, according to most users' feedback, I'm pretty confident to say that the difference would be night and day. In terms of performance, there are not many tires that can touch the PS2 at this time. One caveat - it is not the most comfortable and quiet tire out there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mkh,

How would you compare the harshness of the ride between your original OEM tires and the PS2s? Similar or are the PS2s much harsher? I have 17s so I don't know if this will be as big of a problem.

Thanks

mkh said:
I just had the PS2 installed last week. All I can say is this is one incredible tire. Even though I'm not familiar with the Contisports, according to most users' feedback, I'm pretty confident to say that the difference would be night and day. In terms of performance, there are not many tires that can touch the PS2 at this time. One caveat - it is not the most comfortable and quiet tire out there.

·
kludge it!
628 Posts
The Michelin PS2 is way above the stock contis. You won't regret getting the PS2s. I have no complaints in the ride/noise department. Have them for about 1 year (except for 3.5 months in winter.)

Tire Rack Artcile about Michelin PS2 against others:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/bs_RE050A_rd.jsp

Another article:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I've had PS2s on now for about a year and I can't say enough good things about them :) They've also been pretty quiet and not any harsher than my previous Dunlop 8080s even though I expected them to be both :dunno:

If you're okay paying that much for tires, there's nothing better for street/performance use.

·
909 Posts
PG said:
mkh,

How would you compare the harshness of the ride between your original OEM tires and the PS2s? Similar or are the PS2s much harsher? I have 17s so I don't know if this will be as big of a problem.

Thanks
My original OEMs were Bridgestone RE040s, then I went with Toyo T1-S, and now the PS2. In terms of ride alone, the T1-S has the most comfortable ride, followed by the RE040. The PS2's ride is not bad or harsh but bumpier. Maybe it's due to their stiff sidewall. For reference, I set the tire pressure for the T1-S at 36psi, RE040 at 37 and PS2 at 35 all around. Your ride should be better because you have 17" and sport suspension compared to the 18" and ZHP suspension.

Given your Contis is known for soft ride, you will notice the difference. But you will also notice the vast improvement in handling too. Don't misunderstand, the ride is far from harsh considering all its outstanding performance characteristics. Unless ride comfort is your first priority, I don't think you'll be dissatisfied with the PS2.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
What the heck...here's my set of PS2s. Bought them in Nov 2003. Ran 10 track events. About 160 track miles per event. Last event was 05/12/2005 at Big Willow and see the amount of rubber crap I picked up from the track. :rofl:

Tires still good, btw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.