BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

as you may know, 54.3 data is became more-less impossible for coding now.
All parameters now are without descriptions, only with one dot (.) instead of label.

I don't flash my car with it yet, stay with 54.2, but i read in some sources, that Code FDL is not possible at all on this data.

Looks like that BMW AG dediced to fight with us using such easy method.
For sure, let's wait for 55.0, but i think it will be always same from now on.

What you think we can do now?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which makes question more and more actual ;-)

·
Token Master
1,034 Posts
Hello everybody,

as you may know, 54.3 data is became more-less impossible for coding now.
All parameters now are without descriptions, only with one dot (.) instead of label.

I don't flash my car with it yet, stay with 54.2, but i read in some sources, that Code FDL is not possible at all on this data.

Looks like that BMW AG dediced to fight with us using such easy method.
For sure, let's wait for 55.0, but i think it will be always same from now on.

What you think we can do now?
All you have to do is ask your source. If your source don't have an answer, then you're not getting your PSdZdata from the right person.

Those who says it's impossible to FDL code with 54.3 are probably the most uninitiated and the ones BMW don't want messing, literally and figuratively, with their cars anyway.

I know at least a dozen folks who flashed their cars with 54.3 and are happily chugging along.

BMW did not trim files for security reason. You got to give them more credit than that.

·
Registered
589 Posts
All you have to do is ask your source. If your source don't have an answer, then you're not getting your PSdZdata from the right person.

Those who says it's impossible to FDL code with 54.3 are probably the most uninitiated and the ones BMW don't want messing, literally and figuratively, with their cars anyway.

I know at least a dozen folks who flashed their cars with 54.3 and are happily chugging along.

BMW did not trim files for security reason. You got to give them more credit than that.
Would u be able to PM who is able to do it around NY? I had my 15 GC coded but unfortunately took it into service and they updated me to 54.3 and all my coding got wiped.

·
Premium Member
46,957 Posts
Would u be able to PM who is able to do it around NY? I had my 15 GC coded but unfortunately took it into service and they updated me to 54.3 and all my coding got wiped.
Whoever coded it last time can code it again using 54.1 PSdZData, and if they get a missing CAFD error, they can contact me.

·
Premium Member
46,957 Posts
Is there any compatibility between 54.1 and 54.3? Or how it is possible to code 54.3 with 54.1 datafiles? ;)
CAFD's from 54.3 will work when dropped in 54.1. In some cases, depending on CAFD, an additional FAFP file could be needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealer Update

Any chance you can send me the latest psdzdata link? I went to dealer for some warranty work, got car back, they upgraded my systems and reset all my options, and my current psdz version gives me the missing file errors.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
46,957 Posts
Any chance you can send me the latest psdzdata link? I went to dealer for some warranty work, got car back, they upgraded my systems and reset all my options, and my current psdz version gives me the missing file errors.

Thanks
I guess I should point out, I have an F30, my software version is MX-003.004.031.

I currently have E-SYS 3.24.3, and PSdZ 53.3
PM sent.

·
Premium Member
46,957 Posts
Hi, could I also get the latest psdzdata link? Esys 3.2.61 with 54.2 psdzdata shows me only dots, no descriptions.
I just replied to your same PM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ShawnSheridan

Wold be grateful if you could also help me please.

I'm new to this coding too and have a UK F36 May 2014 428i GC

I've got the cable on order just need links to the correct E-Sys and PZSdata.

Thanks in Advance

·
Premium Member
46,957 Posts
Hi ShawnSheridan

Wold be grateful if you could also help me please.

I'm new to this coding too and have a UK F36 May 2014 428i GC

I've got the cable on order just need links to the correct E-Sys and PZSdata.

Thanks in Advance
PM sent.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.