BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Checked the 3 fuses glovebox chart says is related- all fine any suggestions? I***8217;ve changed driver***8217;s side bulb in the past but the fact that both low & high are out makes me think it***8217;s not the bulbs (2010 328xi sports wagon)

·
Registered
742 Posts
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...ng/driving-light-high-beam-headlight-flasher/

Since both high and low are out, I'm guessing you have Xenon HID lights, and your ballast is out. Replacing that requires partially removing the headlight assembly, which requires removing the bumper cover, which requires removing the front wheels. Before doing that, you should of course:
1. Verify you have Xenon lights.
2. Assuming you do, check voltage on pin 3 when the low beam is turned on, and pin 5 when the high beam is turned on.

·
Pedant and Curmudgeon
6,205 Posts
Checked the 3 fuses glovebox chart says is related- all fine any suggestions? I've changed driver's side bulb in the past but the fact that both low & high are out makes me think it's not the bulbs (2010 328xi sports wagon)
There is only one bulb - that's what the "bi" in bi-xenon means. As "Relative" says...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts