BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
722 Posts
Others, including me, on occasion have experienced this problem.

Sometimes pumping the gas more slowly works, sometimes moving the nozzle around in the intake pipe works, sometimes another station works. No real answer. It only happens very occasionally for me, and has happened on other BMW models as well. I find it happens more in hot weather (vapor build up??).

Tell you friend to just experiment until a method is found that works.

· Registered
328 Posts
When my friend pumps gas in her 128 coupe it stops every two to three dollars. What could cause this? The tanks is not full it happens at all levels. Is a 2009.
I was in Germany in a BMW training on the Nurburgring and we went to a filling station for refueling. One of the M3's was having the same trouble - so our instructor told him to turn on (but not start) the car. He had no problem filling the car then.

· Registered
722 Posts
YOU ARE A DCS IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO JUST CHATA
Leave it to the experts. stick to what your wife tell you.
I don't understand your anger. I was attempting to help you, as I stated in my first post of this thread. :dunno:

As to the suggested solution, it could work in some cases, as could the other solutions that I posted. I have never heard of that solution (turn on the ignition) prior to this, over the number of years I have been reading BMW forums. Maybe it is a valid solution.

Sometimes I find it frustrating to deal with some of the rude people on forums. I put you in that catagory. :tsk:

· Registered
328 Posts
Thanks to I Love BMW'a for posting your reply. I tried exactly what you said and it worked. And thanks to riviera1969 for being my BMW help friend!
My pleasure - glad it worked for you! :thumbup:

· Registered
4,282 Posts
don't push nosle in too deep..... (don't take my advise when you are at home with your wife.... ha ha)

· VELOZV
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Read carefully when pumping gas it stops every 2 to 3 dollars no matter how much gas the car needs..............................
Please read the whole post and by the way the suggestion that was given work so far

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.