BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install a new purge valve on my 530. The problem is that I managed to pull loose the other end of the small line that attaches to the end of the purge valve. The line disappears to a connection somewhere under the intake manifold. Can someone help me out by telling where this point is so I know where to look and what I've got to pull apart to get there.

Thanks!

· Registered
7,078 Posts
It is probably similar to the 540, which goes to the rear of the engine and then into the brake booster area under the drivers side cabin air filter.

· Dinggg....what now!
1,074 Posts
I'm trying to install a new purge valve on my 530. The problem is that I managed to pull loose the other end of the small line that attaches to the end of the purge valve. The line disappears to a connection somewhere under the intake manifold. Can someone help me out by telling where this point is so I know where to look and what I've got to pull apart to get there.

Thanks!
if your 530i is an inline 6 engine,then the connection at the intake manifold wud be right behind the throttle valve.to connect it would require throttle valve removal for access.yes.....a half hour job to remove parts for access needed to plug in a tube that requires 10 secs.....i did it this way for peace of mind that i did it right.....:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.