BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, First off I would like to thank everyone on this forum !! Lot of information here !

I put a deposit for my X35i Xdrive on Saturday. Below is the how I built it.

I want to do a few changes and looking for suggestions.

I know I want black, but should I choose Jetblack and save $550 or choose metallic. I want to use the $550 towards keyless entry (Only option that I left out from what I want)!
Will jet black show paint chips and mettalic will not ? whats the big difference between jet black and mettalic ?

Also I am planning on changing my rims after I get the car, so should I remove the Lux Line ? and use the money towards buying aftermarket rims and prem package ? I dont like the rims on Lux line any way.. so its better off I remove the option ?

Please HELP !!

Luxury Line$1,600
Black Sapphire Metallic$550
Terra Dakota Leather$1,450
Poplar Wood Trim$0
Cold Weather Package$550
Driver Assistance Plus$1,900
• Driver Assistance Package$1,400
• ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant$1,200
3rd row seat + rear axle air suspension$1,700
Rear manual side window shades$250
Harman Kardon surround sound system$875
Destination & Handling:$950

Total MSRP as Built $68,625 (Got this car for 63k before TTT)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Congratulations man, looks like an awesome build. Stick with black sapphire! Had it on many cars and it will hold up and hide light scratches better than jet black. Jet Black is so soft and will show everything, I don't know why BMW still makes it honestly. What size aftermarket do you plan on buying? If larger, you should get the larger wheels to get the wheel arches installed at the factory and then just sell the wheels when they come in. Change it quickly, they're building and shipping in two weeks turn around now.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
With as many options you've selected - Premium Pkg is a serious oversight. Besides Comfort Access and 4-zone climate it includes the power liftgate. If you're fretting over a $500 paint selection you've missed an option that might actually improve the re-sellability of your car when you've finished with it.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it!

Good luck with your decision :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot guys !! I didn't know Power lift gate was an option in PremPackage ! That case I will have to choose Prem package.

@ Kttrell - I don't want to go over 19". I am thinking to replace the stock with M 467 19 inch wheels. I see they are being offered for around $1800 on ebay (with the tires).

Do you think any one will buy the 18's I will get with the car ? at least the tires ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks a lot guys !! I didn't know Power lift gate was an option in PremPackage ! That case I will have to choose Prem package.

@ Kttrell - I don't want to go over 19". I am thinking to replace the stock with M 467 19 inch wheels. I see they are being offered for around $1800 on ebay (with the tires).

Do you think any one will buy the 18's I will get with the car ? at least the tires ?
Lux Line should get you 19" wheels.

Also, power lift gate was standard on my base line model. I didn't purchase the premium package with my 2015 X5.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lux Line should get you 19" wheels.

Also, power lift gate was standard on my base line model. I didn't purchase the premium package with my 2015 X5.
Hi Shiner, Thank you. I will make sure on the power tail gate.
Also, they come with 19's, but I don't like them very much, and love the M 467 rims. Since I am getting them for almost the same price (1600 for Lux and 1800 for M's), i was thinking I will go with the M 467.

Other than the sport steering wheel, is there something major I would miss out if I choose no lines ?

·
Registered
260 Posts

Oh for sure someone will buy them. I'm getting ready to sell my all season 19's, tires only so I can buy a set of 19 winter tires for the stock sport rims. Are 19's standard on the lux line though? Make your changes quickly man, they are locking these vehicles in and starting production so quickly

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sure ! They didn't give me a production number yet. So I have some time. He said I will only have 1 day after i get the production number.. So I asked him to wait.

Yes, luxury line comes with 19 inch..
I would add the premium pkg. for sure. I was going to say if you were going to add like 20"wheels after you take delivery it would be wise to pay that $950 for BMW wheels because you get the painted wheel arch option with that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Shiner, Thank you. I will make sure on the power tail gate.
Other than the sport steering wheel, is there something major I would miss out if I choose no lines ?
The power lift gate is STANDARD on all models, including base. The premium package might add the extra button (next to the power tail gate button) on the bottom lip of the lift gate door which allows you to simultaneously lock the car/lift gate as well as lock all the doors once the liftgate has closed. The standard button just allows you to close the liftgate without it locking the doors after it closes.

the sport steering wheel is also STANDARD on all models beginning with the 2015MY. No need to get a line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a lot for all your help guys !!

I placed the order Today ! Dealer also agreed to give me the UDE discount, after I provide him with the certificate. Below are the options I choose:

BASE MSRP $56,200
Terra Dakota Leather$0
Fineline Pure Wood Trim$0
Cold Weather Package$550
Premium Package$2,550

Total MSRP as Built $68,125 ($61,500 Final price after all discounts)

I didn't choose any Line's. I took the Premium pkg and Metallic paint !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do you want to add "Park Assistant"? it's a $500 option that can parallel park the car for you.

Thanks a lot for all your help guys !!

I placed the order Today ! Dealer also agreed to give me the UDE discount, after I provide him with the certificate. Below are the options I choose:

BASE MSRP $56,200
Terra Dakota Leather$0
Fineline Pure Wood Trim$0
Cold Weather Package$550
Premium Package$2,550

Total MSRP as Built $68,125 ($61,500 Final price after all discounts)

I didn't choose any Line's. I took the Premium pkg and Metallic paint !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.