BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. On my G30, passenger front seat came nearly perfect from the factory.

The problem was that the moment I've tried to move the seat (I have basic seats that are to be moved mechanically), the outer upper rail finisher, basically a plastic thingy came out of its place and been "wondering" around the rail ever since. I think if I will ask a dealership to put it in place the price tag will be around 50 bucks, so I decided to ask the community:

Here is a thing I am talking about:

See item marked with number 5.

It is loose and out of its place but can't leave the rail area as it is constrained by the seat itself.

Perhaps one of you can look up a manual in Rheingold or something which are the correct steps to put it in its place.

The drive's equivalent is fixed in a dead-solid manner and never moves out of place.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
24 Posts
I had number 7 broken at the passenger side when I moved the seat all the way back. It basically caught the edge of the number 5 and dragged out of place. I got it replaced free of cost because this was not my fault. I have the motorized seats. As long as you operated it normally and did not forcibly done anything, your replacement should be covered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.