BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today me and my dad ordered two 335 sedans. He is getting the xi and im getting the i. Im hoping for a January 18 pickup but I'll know in a week or two.

335i
Le man blue
M sport package
6mt
heated seats
Navigation
Premium package
Saddle brown interior
Logic 7 sound

335xi
Black saphire metallic
M sport package
Automatic
Cold weather package
Navigation
Premium package
Saddle brown interior

This is the 2nd time we are doing European delivery. Last time we were one month apart on our trips. He went alone and I went with a friend for 10 days. This time we are going together.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Great choice in cars, I'm sure you an dyour dad are gonna have a blast. That's definitely something I'd like to do with my pops (he's going next year to get a Z4 with mom)

·
LUVMyDiesel
141 Posts
Congrats! I ordered a 335d yesterday for delivery in the same time period as you. First time ED and looking forward to it. Spec for the car is below. Heck-of-deal with the $4500 Eco credit and ED discount.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant wait to pick up my car. Its funny, Im more excited now than I was 2 years ago to pick up my car LOL. I was on UUC motorwerks last night and put in my order for their short shift kit. 100000x better than BMW's 6mt or BMW short shift kit. I have the UUC in my 335 coupe right now.

My dad has the 535xi right now but he cant get the new 5 coming out next year because his lease ends Feb with a 2 month extension and when he extends another 4 months since he ordered a bmw it wouldnt be enough time to pickup and get the redelivery of the next 5 generation. He even called bmw finacial service to get a price on a 1 year lease on his current car. They wanted $1,785.00 per month for a 1 year lease on his current 535xi. He said forget it and decided to go with a 3 series instead.

·
LUVMyDiesel
141 Posts
Would love to have the 6MT but of course they don't offer it on the 335d because of the torque. One of our selected ED dates is January 18th as well. May see ya there!

All the best!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would love to have the 6MT but of course they don't offer it on the 335d because of the torque. One of our selected ED dates is January 18th as well. May see ya there!

All the best!
One of our selected dates is the 18th as well.

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Wow,
two cars at same time. Should be fun.

·
LUVMyDiesel
141 Posts
Irv,

Thanks again for your help and guidance! We got the production number yesterday. Tentative delivery date looks like Jan 11.

Dennis P.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Irv I do have a question though. Can sign all the paperwork after January 4th and maybe get a better rate if they go down or do I need to sign all the paperwork prior to january 4th otherwise I lose my holiday credit??

·
LUVMyDiesel
141 Posts
Another consideration is the 09 Economic Stimulus Plan. There is a provision to deduct the full sales tax on the purchase up to a price of $49500. I believe it prorates after that. To take advantage of that I would assume that one would have to sign paperwork by Dec. 31? Maybe Irv can weigh in on that as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok I changed my order to a coupe instead of the sedan. Same option but a coupe. I have the coupe now and love how it looks. And my dad changed his back to a 535xi, but with the m sports package and navi. He decided the 335 sedan was to small for him.

·
Dieselhead.
27 Posts
Congrats! I ordered a 335d yesterday for delivery in the same time period as you. First time ED and looking forward to it. Spec for the car is below. Heck-of-deal with the $4500 Eco credit and ED discount.
Thought the Eco credit was for US deliveries only? Or have they changed that by now?

No fair, I had to get mine here! :mad: LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts