BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my wife and I decided to get the BMW 335xi now, and in a year I can get my Audi A5 or TT (if all goes well). Now... we are trying to decide on either Space Grey or titanium silver. The interior will be black with alum trim. Its a cool car (I am still an Audi guy though) and I have mods picked out for it... so my wife can have fun. I will be stuck driving our old 94 toyota tercel until I get my car hehe but I don't mind. It can go a blistering speed of 80 mph on the autobahn here!!! LOL

Anyway, what are some opinions on the 2 colors? I like silver myself. Hopefully we can get the car in 4-6 wks. It will be a lot of fun to drive it fast out here while we can :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
my personal preference has always been a dark (black, monaco/montego -- though montego isn't exactly dark) exterior with a light interior (beige or lemon). I feel that sort of contrast just makes it easier on the eyes while driving and for passengers alike, and the light interior just makes the cabin feel bigger

however if you're set on silver or grey i'd take the silver. just has a better shine to it after you wash and wax.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i have a space gray car, and a titanium silver car. titanium silver stays clean longer, and looks great when shined up.

the aluminum trim reflects waaaaay too much in the sun. if i could do it over again, i'd get wood trim.

·
Iwanna330Cic
927 Posts
If you like silver - you should get it. I was unsure of the space gray until I saw it on a coupe with coral red interior. VERY sharp. Think about it! :thumbup:

Doug

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think silver myself.. but its going to be my wifes car.. so i am going to let her spec it out the way she wants ( you know how it is heh). But I think she is leaning more toward space grey..I dunno about a red interior in grey though ehhe but would look cool in silver. But the down payment is in, and we have time to change if need be... we should get our build week in 2 wks or so. Hopefully we can drive her on the autobahn a few times before we ship it back to the states :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I think silver myself.. but its going to be my wifes car.. so i am going to let her spec it out the way she wants ( you know how it is heh). But I think she is leaning more toward space grey..I dunno about a red interior in grey though ehhe but would look cool in silver. But the down payment is in, and we have time to change if need be... we should get our build week in 2 wks or so. Hopefully we can drive her on the autobahn a few times before we ship it back to the states :)
Get the red interior!!! It makes the car look so classy and expensive!! Space grey with coral red interior and aluminum trim transforms the car IMO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tend to agree with you e36m hehe but my wife said no wayy :( It would be better if the US spec cars could get a black headliner. I think she is leaning toward the black interior with dark wood trim. I guess that won't look too bad really. I like the alum trim myself though.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I say go for the space grey out of those two color choices. The silver is every where while space grey is still fairly common it's not nearly as common as silver, at least that is going off of what I see around here in AZ!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I'm biased, but I love my color/leather/trim combination......

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats a good combo KAP8! We did consider the gray poplar wood as well.. So far the interior trim has been the hardest to figure out. I think we are going with leatherette though. We were going to get the prem pkg plus sports pkg.. but the only thing we really wanted out of the prem package was lumbar support.. the sports seats with the inflating side bolsters are good enough though.

I think the alum trim on the inside would look good if we decide to put in the alum pedals in. From what I read, the 3 series is still the best all around. I can't wait to put a couple mods in it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts