BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
theMAIR
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a 09 BMW 650. As they didnt have backup cameras then, wondering if anyone has gotten this done?

And if so, has it been integrated into the factory navigation????

I dont know how all that would work.

thanks for any input

·
theMAIR
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out bimmer-tech.net. It seems people have used that and the videos of the work for backup camera look pretty cool. I been researching.

Would just like to see where the camera actually goes though

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I am looking to purchase a 09 BMW 650. As they didnt have backup cameras then, wondering if anyone has gotten this done?

And if so, has it been integrated into the factory navigation????

I dont know how all that would work.

thanks for any input
Well, a 2009 will have the older CCC based system, that website you are looking at does not have a retrofit for that car for camera systems. It has a CIC retrofit available for the E63/E64. If you were looking at the F06/F12/F13 then that is the wrong spot. What you will get if you do the mods below is a reverse camera only, not the birds-eye view that the new F generation cars have available. That uses cameras mounted in the rear bumper, side front fenders, and the mirrors (maybe I am missing some? don't know, that is what I saw on my buddies new 5 series).

Here are some references for you to peruse, the Navvideo solution seems to be the one used the most:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372278
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675213&highlight=rear+camera

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have a CCC that I retrofitted a reverse camera to, in fact I've done it in two e63!

I used a Dension Gateway 500 & a Dension AVR unit to accomplish this along with some small coding changes. However you have to be in TV mode for the camera to kick in. Also I'm getting some interference on the picture (in both cars) when I select reverse, it's fine when I just select the camera. I haven't gotten around to solving the issue, I might have a look this week as this thread just reminded me!
There are other audio/visual interfaces for the CCC but I haven't tried them yet.
I don't use the camera all that much, I prefer the PDC graphic.

·
Super Moderator
9,199 Posts
The best answer would be to retro fit a CIC unit. I think Cougar did one around 6 months ago. The company he used supplied everything need for around 2k, or a little less. The TV option is in our US models module, but I don't know any recent threads doing this. I have always wanted to watch TV while driving, but I have enough distractions keeping the car between the lines! Rebel would give you the best advice on this retro fit.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
The best answer would be to retro fit a CIC unit. I think Cougar did one around 6 months ago. The company he used supplied everything need for around 2k, or a little less. The TV option is in our US models module, but I don't know any recent threads doing this. I have always wanted to watch TV while driving, but I have enough distractions keeping the car between the lines! Rebel would give you the best advice on this retro fit.
The CIC does not have any video for rear cameras.

I put in the video adapter for coug60. It's a seperate device called a video adapter. You need one for a CCC or a CIC but the are different units. That started with the F series.

Unfortunately NaVideo is now closed and the CCC unit is getting hard to find, but they do come up on eBay.

The video adapter goes in between the screen and the CCC. It has several inputs for a camera and other connections like a phone or DVD player.
It also connects to the CAN bus to sense the reverse signal and automatically switches to the camera when in reverse.

I sold my CCC unit to a member on the Mboard. I think he may be upgrading to a CIC. I'll see if its for sale.

Here is one for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Video-I...326?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ced51e266

·
Registered
846 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts