BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
My g/f, son and I did the Komen event this year and had a great time. You schedule a time for the cars that you want to drive but when you are there you can put your name on a list to drive others. The people running the event are extremely nice, a real pleasure to deal with. No money is involved (except for BMW's donation).

I drove:

325i - step
325Ci - manual
X5 3.0
745i
330CiC - step

My g/f drove a Z3 manual.

Make sure you get to drive the 745i. I loved it. I'm really not sold on the look, but, the drive was great.

The event happened in the middle of the wait for my 325i. Thought it would help with the wait. Made it worse. :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
mgs333 said:
thanks, about the test drive itself, do you go out on the streets by yourself? or someone comes with you? how long do you have per drive? can you go on the freeway?
You are by yourself. :thumbup: Not sure if they have a requirement on the lenght of the drive. The event that I went to was about a 10 mile loop that included some Interstate as well as a little back road. A couple of interesting little curves, nothing to wild but fun none-the-less. They are VERY specific with the instruction to stay on the specified route.

We got there a few hours ahead of our scheduled time so we could drive more. The dealer had some food and drink there as well as a couple of the r/c X5's from the BMW catalogue for the kids. My son went nuts for that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts