BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 335I sedan with I drive. My question is when I drive I like to be in a really aggressive driving position but makes getting in and out of the car a pain in the ass. Is there a way to set the car to move the seat all the way back when the car is off?

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

·
Registered
131 Posts
I believe that the two electronic seat memory buttons (if you have those) work independently for each of the two keys that come with the car (pretty sure about that . . . ). If that's true, or even if it's not if you're willing to use both for yourself, you can set #1 for your normal driving position and #2 back and down (presuming that makes it easiest to get out). When you're ready to get out press and hold #2. When you get back in it will be in that position, and you can simply press #1 to get back in driving position. I don't have iDrive, but I've never read anything about it making such moves more automatic. (I do have a C6 Corvette that has this auto function, but since I drive with the seat all the way back to begin with it is of no value to me.)

·
Combat Commuter
1,973 Posts
Yes, position one is my driving position. P2 is my exit/enter position. When power is off, then momentarily press of P1 or P2 moves the seat. If power is on, then one must press and hold.

If a second person uses the car, then have P1 and P2 seat memory keyed to the other profile (key fob).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts