BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Chronic BMW Abuser
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife mangled the lower front bumper of my 540i and I saw a couple of options for replacement with the 'M5' look - which I much prefer.

Bavarian Autosport has a "Genuine BMW M-Technic" complete kit (with fogs and all) for $1169 - is it worth the dough? Are there other options?

Thanks in advance from an e39 newby.

jp

Current Ride: '01 540i 6spd Sport
Wife: '01 740iL
Former Ride: '02 M3 SMG II Cabriolet
Former Ride II: '00 M-Roadster
Wife Former Ride: '00 323 Ci
(Yes, we're brand loyal)

· Premium Member
6,573 Posts
It is nice that they have a complete kit for you. In the past, folks had to figure out what comprised a kit. That price seems okay.

· Premium Member
8,150 Posts
I would agree, buy from BA. You could save a couple hundred dollars if you rounded up all the various part numbers (they are listed on various websites like www.bmwtips.com), then you have to order them from someone like pacific bmw (who discounts pretty good), and hope you get everything correctly the first time. And if you mess up, and order the wrong thing, then you have to return it, figure out the problem...you get the idea. If you want to get your car fixed in a timely manner, probably best to order the kit.

Dave

· What the...?!?!
115 Posts
I have no experience with their kit, but you'll probably need to do some research to make sure that it includes all of the parts you need. I ordered my parts from Crevier (ask for Vaheh) so that I would be sure that I got everything that I needed. There are probably some small parts that are not included that are nice to have.

I spent about the same amount at Crevier.

· Registered
2,100 Posts
front end

I'm looking to do the same to my '03 530 sport. Let me know what you end up doing. I'm having a difficult time with the dealers in providing me all the parts needed for this project. I need someone to tell me what I need, "exactly" wothout the guessing game of wondering if I'm getting all the right parts and all the parts needed. Any help appreciated.

· Registered
2,100 Posts
M-front bumper from Bavarian

JPD said:
Wife mangled the lower front bumper of my 540i and I saw a couple of options for replacement with the 'M5' look - which I much prefer.

Bavarian Autosport has a "Genuine BMW M-Technic" complete kit (with fogs and all) for $1169 - is it worth the dough? Are there other options?

Thanks in advance from an e39 newby.

jp

Current Ride: '01 540i 6spd Sport
Wife: '01 740iL
Former Ride: '02 M3 SMG II Cabriolet
Former Ride II: '00 M-Roadster
Wife Former Ride: '00 323 Ci
(Yes, we're brand loyal)
Do you know if the kit from Bavarin is OEM or aftermarket?

· Chronic BMW Abuser
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First: Thanks for all the input

Second:

The kit is listed at BA as (quote) "Genuine BMW M-Technic". Ad copy reads:

"Complete kit comes with everything you need to install. Includes fog light kit! This kit WILL fit cars with headlight washers. Requires painting. Professional installation highly recommended. Please note: for cars with headlight washers"

I'm thinking that I'll go for this kit. The order and install will probably take me through May - but I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

jp

· Registered
2,100 Posts
kit

JPD said:
Second:

The kit is listed at BA as (quote) "Genuine BMW M-Technic". Ad copy reads:

"Complete kit comes with everything you need to install. Includes fog light kit! This kit WILL fit cars with headlight washers. Requires painting. Professional installation highly recommended. Please note: for cars with headlight washers"

I'm thinking that I'll go for this kit. The order and install will probably take me through May - but I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

jp
JP, did you end up buying the kit yet from Bavarian Auto Sport ("BAS")? I'm about to pull the trigger and get the front and rear kits from this place. However, I'm very reluctant. Not about buying it from "BAS" but about everyones opinion on what parts are needed to fully complete the project. BMW Tips says one thing, a dealer tells me another, and the "BAS" kit indicates other parts and not as many as the one on BMW Tips. I'm trying to avoid starting the project just to end up ordering more parts. Any help appreciated with your experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.