BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2001 non sport 530 E39 (Manual Transmission) . I am in the process of upgrading or atleast restoring my suspension, nothing wrong at this point but car is at 120K so you get the point.

The budget is small, so I am looking at used parts bin of E39 family, springs and sway bars at the minimum, shocks, I think should be new or lightly used.
BTW M5 rear sway bar is on its way. I know front that front sway bar options are limited (i.e. go with 530 24 or 25 mm bar)

My question are

1. Does the springs from M5 E39 will fit the car ? if yes then what shocks should I go for.

2. Does the springs from 540 E39 sport or non sport will fit the car ? if yes then what shocks should I go for. I guess these springs will be stiffer.

3. I guess E39 530 sports springs are no brainer

4. How are Eibach Pro lowering springs and which shocks they go with.

Regards,

·
Registered
397 Posts
hi
i think you are on the right track...moving to sport parts...i just did the same...just jealous u have a manual

to answer the questions
1 no
2 no
3 yes, no brainer
4 eibach if you like a serious rake up front (i dont), otherwise look for oem sport (used, not new, they last forever) for a 6cyl, i also have heard very good things about voglandt springs, and they are not costly

I went with Bilstein HD in rear, and Sachs sports struts up front.
Just got back yesterday from roundtrip to florida 2500 + miles...I loved the suspension feel and really enjoyed the ride. i have the M5 sway in rear too.
pm me if you want to talk.

·
Registered
430 Posts
hi
i think you are on the right track...moving to sport parts...i just did the same...just jealous u have a manual

to answer the questions
1 no
2 no
3 yes, no brainer
4 eibach if you like a serious rake up front (i dont), otherwise look for oem sport (used, not new, they last forever) for a 6cyl, i also have heard very good things about voglandt springs, and they are not costly
I am running H&R and My car sits nice with 19's. You can also install M5 rotors & calipers on the front without any mods. :thumbup:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi

I hope I will find some one nearby who has upgraded to lowering springs . I am just looking for a stiffer spring, not necessarily a lowering spring. It is an all weather car, snow or sun shine.

Manual is fun, keeps the drive involved, though I do not like big gap between 1st and 2nd, but that can be bridged easily with a heavy foot :)

Regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.