BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Anti-Hack
7,747 Posts

·
Anti-Hack
7,747 Posts
No, but it's important to "shake well before using." Where I worked, we were required to let oil bottles drain upside down for 24 hours before throwing them in the trash. Being a tree hugger, I started doing that at home. What comes out looks milky compared to the rest of the oil. That milky stuff is presumably good stuff and should be in the engine, not in the dumpster.
Unless the milky stuff is simply condensate from your ultra humid Floridian climate mixing with said oil. FL is not only the sunshine state, but also the dew state.

Via the interwebs

·
Anti-Hack
7,747 Posts
This was only 24 hours at a relatively constant temperature. The mayonnaise (water mixed with oil) in BMW engines comes from condensation caused by extreme temperature changes.
If I leave a drain pan will oil in it out overnight, I’ll see the yellow film (not Mayo) appear by the next day. And that’s in NY.

Have you ever seen the condensation that forms outside in FL by the morning? Cars and the roads look like they got blasted by lawn sprinklers. We call that dew.

Via the interwebs

·
Anti-Hack
7,747 Posts
Well....so much for that pipe dream now it won't let me complete the order as delivery....

Sad face....
Don’t be too sad. Some of the Mobil 1s are quite high in additives, which tend to increase CBU. I picked the 5w-40 Euro for use in my ACVW simply because it had the highest ZDDP of any quality oil I could find, either 1200-1300 ppm IIRC. A single jug lasts me two full oil changes. :)

Via the interwebs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts