BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 BMW X5 35i
272 Posts
random question and not to turn this post into a raging battle.

Why does BMW branded oil come in 0W-30 and 5W-30 (supposed to be made by Shell), but all the "Euro" branded oils I can find, come in 0W-40 and 5W-40? Unless I'm missing something?

·
Registered
2011 BMW X5 35i
272 Posts
@Autoputzer this is a great share. I appreciate it!
Even a dummy like me is now officially smarter and could hold my own in an oil forum bantering fest. Lol

@Attacking Mid I would buy as many 5qrt as you can at that price from Walmart. It comes and goes in stock and at that price, it’s going to go quickly. Did the same back in January and they could only deliver 3 of the 5 I ordered.

·
Registered
2011 BMW X5 35i
272 Posts
Well....so much for that pipe dream now it won't let me complete the order as delivery....

Sad face....
I only received 2 of my 5 QS jugs when we all did our orders a few months back. Sorry @Dekero, I was excited for you and sad they ran out. I know you change your oil every other month. It was working for me then showed sold-out in my area (or some crap like that).

I really don't need the oil, but becoming an oil hoarder these days. It's hard to find good deals like this anymore.

·
Registered
2011 BMW X5 35i
272 Posts
@Dekero, maybe use this link to check for availability in your area. Show up in store and show them this link for the price match. Looks like the Walmart website has the same item listed twice but different prices. Same item number as well.

Im seeing availability in my area with the higher price listing.

·
Registered
2011 BMW X5 35i
272 Posts
That's bs deceptive marketing....

And I only wish I changed my oil every other month!!.. LOL I'm on the every 4 weeks program!! I've started basically changing it on the first Saturday of each month.... Haha Thanks for the link I'm about to check it out...
oh snap! Thats some mileage sir! You have the one N55 engine that BMW didn’t build on a Friday before a 3-day weekend. Maybe they will send you an award for the most miles.

My car was built on Christmas Eve, right after their holiday party and they noticed one car was left to finish.

·
Registered
2011 BMW X5 35i
272 Posts
Hahah... I'm hoping to hit 300k before this time next year... Heck I'm only 10-15k from the third fluid swaps on the Transmission/TC/diffs... Lol

Can you say Thank you FCP EURO....LOL
that’s amazing! FCP Euro will need to change their lifetime policy because of you. Maybe in 10 years I will catch up to your current mileage. Good luck on scoring some cheap oil. The Lord knows you need the deals :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts