BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Not QS but Walmart is selling Mobil 1 Euro 5W-40 5qrt jugs for under $15, but not available everywhere. So those lucky to score some, GOD bless you.

Checkout the deal here
Brother.... You are my new hero... I just ordered 10... Yes 10 jugs!!!.... I've got 2 BMWs with the N55 and it almost never gets cold cold.. here in Memphis TN....

I was down to only 6 jugs left of the Quaker state and have been looking for the deal!!!!

Excellent looking out!!!

·
Anti-Hack
7,759 Posts
Well....so much for that pipe dream now it won't let me complete the order as delivery....

Sad face....
Don’t be too sad. Some of the Mobil 1s are quite high in additives, which tend to increase CBU. I picked the 5w-40 Euro for use in my ACVW simply because it had the highest ZDDP of any quality oil I could find, either 1200-1300 ppm IIRC. A single jug lasts me two full oil changes. :)

Via the interwebs

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Don’t be too sad. Some of the Mobil 1s are quite high in additives, which tend to increase CBU. I picked the 5w-40 Euro for use in my ACVW simply because it had the highest ZDDP of any quality oil I could find, either 1200-1300 ppm IIRC. A single jug lasts me two full oil changes. :)

Via the interwebs
^This.
In N55 QS is better choice. Actually any LL01 is better choice as SAPS is lower. Excellent oil for N51/52. It basically has all ingredients of racing oils without claiming to be that. If Liqui Moly could make oil like that, they would market shit out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 BMW X5 35i
238 Posts
Well....so much for that pipe dream now it won't let me complete the order as delivery....

Sad face....
I only received 2 of my 5 QS jugs when we all did our orders a few months back. Sorry @Dekero, I was excited for you and sad they ran out. I know you change your oil every other month. It was working for me then showed sold-out in my area (or some crap like that).

I really don't need the oil, but becoming an oil hoarder these days. It's hard to find good deals like this anymore.

·
Registered
2011 BMW X5 35i
238 Posts
@Dekero, maybe use this link to check for availability in your area. Show up in store and show them this link for the price match. Looks like the Walmart website has the same item listed twice but different prices. Same item number as well.

Im seeing availability in my area with the higher price listing.

·
Registered
858 Posts
@Dekero, maybe use this link to check for availability in your area. Show up in store and show them this link for the price match. Looks like the Walmart website has the same item listed twice but different prices. Same item number as well.

Im seeing availability in my area with the higher price listing.
That's bs deceptive marketing....

And I only wish I changed my oil every other month!!.. LOL I'm on the every 4 weeks program!! I've started basically changing it on the first Saturday of each month.... Haha Thanks for the link I'm about to check it out...

·
Registered
2011 BMW X5 35i
238 Posts
That's bs deceptive marketing....

And I only wish I changed my oil every other month!!.. LOL I'm on the every 4 weeks program!! I've started basically changing it on the first Saturday of each month.... Haha Thanks for the link I'm about to check it out...
oh snap! Thats some mileage sir! You have the one N55 engine that BMW didn’t build on a Friday before a 3-day weekend. Maybe they will send you an award for the most miles.

My car was built on Christmas Eve, right after their holiday party and they noticed one car was left to finish.

·
Registered
858 Posts
oh snap! Thats some mileage sir! You have the one N55 engine that BMW didn’t build on a Friday before a 3-day weekend. Maybe they will send you an award for the most miles.

My car was built on Christmas Eve, right after their holiday party and they noticed one car was left to finish.
Hahah... I'm hoping to hit 300k before this time next year... Heck I'm only 10-15k from the third fluid swaps on the Transmission/TC/diffs... Lol

Can you say Thank you FCP EURO....LOL

·
Registered
2011 BMW X5 35i
238 Posts
Hahah... I'm hoping to hit 300k before this time next year... Heck I'm only 10-15k from the third fluid swaps on the Transmission/TC/diffs... Lol

Can you say Thank you FCP EURO....LOL
that’s amazing! FCP Euro will need to change their lifetime policy because of you. Maybe in 10 years I will catch up to your current mileage. Good luck on scoring some cheap oil. The Lord knows you need the deals :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts