BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I found a 2010 328 XI with low mileage that I'm interested in scooping up.

I found a couple service issues on the Carfax report, not sure if they should scare me off.

Fuel pump, valve cover gasket, and front brake rotors replaced at 10K miles. Also, computer module checked. It now has 13K miles.

Also, it went to auction from the BMW dealership. Not sure why a seemingly nice car wouldn't stay on their lot.

I have no idea what happened or if I should be concerned.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi. I found a 2010 328 XI with low mileage that I'm interested in scooping up.

I found a couple service issues on the Carfax report, not sure if they should scare me off.

Fuel pump, valve cover gasket, and front brake rotors replaced at 10K miles. Also, computer module checked. It now has 13K miles.

Also, it went to auction from the BMW dealership. Not sure why a seemingly nice car wouldn't stay on their lot.

I have no idea what happened or if I should be concerned.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks.
Could this be a bmw buyback on a lemon and then auctioned off? Run an Autocheck too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for me

RED FLAG

if a dealer has passed on a low,low mileage car that they could CPO....then something is amiss

i ran into afew of these during my search(es) for a car....and i stayed away....
Will an Autocheck show me more?

It is a red flag for me, but it may be legit. Any ideas on what to check? It is under warranty - should this be able to aleviate all of my concerns?

Note - the dealer just sent it over to a BMW dealership to have them check it out for them. I could probably get that report, but I don't know if it would tell me everything. Also, the Carfax report lists the dealer where the service was done. Should I be able to get info from them if I'm not the owner?

Thanks.

·
@sshole
113 Posts

It is a red flag for me, but it may be legit. Any ideas on what to check? It is under warranty - should this be able to aleviate all of my concerns?

Note - the dealer just sent it over to a BMW dealership to have them check it out for them. I could probably get that report, but I don't know if it would tell me everything. Also, the Carfax report lists the dealer where the service was done. Should I be able to get info from them if I'm not the owner?

Thanks.
some BMW dealers will run the cars service history based on the VIN...you need that full report. The seller should be able to get it and show it to you. Is this car still covered under the BMW original warranty and why would the brakes be cooked at 10k miles.

unless this car is many thousands cheaper than a BMW-CPO and you can put an aftermarket full warranty on it....i'd still question why a relatively brand new low mileage car is not on a BMW lot.

unless this car is 5-10 grand under dealership prices....i'd pass for CPO...especially with the low finance rates on CPO cars....why spend money on interest when BMW financial carries the freight.

:)

·
Registered
173 Posts
some BMW dealers will run the cars service history based on the VIN...you need that full report. The seller should be able to get it and show it to you. Is this car still covered under the BMW original warranty and why would the brakes be cooked at 10k miles.

unless this car is many thousands cheaper than a BMW-CPO and you can put an aftermarket full warranty on it....i'd still question why a relatively brand new low mileage car is not on a BMW lot.

unless this car is 5-10 grand under dealership prices....i'd pass for CPO...especially with the low finance rates on CPO cars....why spend money on interest when BMW financial carries the freight.

:)
I found a low price 328xi but I'm passing on it:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...field=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&&aff=national

If someone's interested, I'm sure you can have it for $26,000.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Thanks.
What you can do is to take the car to a BMW dealer and do a Pre-Purchase Inspection. It'll run somewhere between 150-200 bucks though and they should be able to spot any problems.

But the only time to me a car should not be on a BMW lot is if it has sat there a long time and they had to get rid of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.