BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Question about BMW Warranty

1088 3
I have an 01 m3 convertible with 44k miles. I wanted to know what the warranty rules and restrictions are. My dealer told me that they would not fix my squeks and rattles in my convertible top because the warranty is only 2 years or something. Is this true? Is there a list of all the items that are covered by warranty? I believe that it should be 4 yrs or 50k miles. Two weeks ago, the dealer replaced my radio due to a button defect, and changed some other asthetic items although they refused to do others, such as swap my rusted rear headrest posts. They claimed that the warranty only covered drivetrain issues. :dunno:

Help please
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure the '01s only had a three year, 36K mile warrentee
for 01 it is 4 years/50K miles on the warranty, 3 years/36K miles for full maintenance plan.
BMW will repair or replace any parts deemed to be defective or beyond normal tolerances for the first 4 year/50k miles. Sqeaks and rattles have always been a grey area since BMW can argue that these noises, to some degree, are normal, especially with a convertable.

S18adeli said:
I have an 01 m3 convertible with 44k miles. I wanted to know what the warranty rules and restrictions are. My dealer told me that they would not fix my squeks and rattles in my convertible top because the warranty is only 2 years or something. Is this true? Is there a list of all the items that are covered by warranty? I believe that it should be 4 yrs or 50k miles. Two weeks ago, the dealer replaced my radio due to a button defect, and changed some other asthetic items although they refused to do others, such as swap my rusted rear headrest posts. They claimed that the warranty only covered drivetrain issues. :dunno:

Help please
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.