BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first post. I didn't see this come up in the posts about replacing the CCV so I will ask here. After I pulled the old one off, there was a rubber cap on a small nipple on the side. It came off after disassembly, and I forgot to put one on the new one. Car seems to run fine, no more smoke or rough idle. Should I worry about it?

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
reach up and put one on

what year and engine do y'all have ????

if you have the M54 engine or similar....take 30 mins and do the following.....you can get to these small vacuum lines by removing the cabin air filter plastic bucket in 10 mins

yes ....no vacuum leaks allowed ....you are just fooling the mass air flow sensor calculations and you will be off the correct air and fuel ratio....just get a small length of vacuum hose ....2-3 inches will do.....superglue one end together and blow thru it to ensure t's air tight.....slip it on as a cap.....check the other small vacuum hoses too....swap them

also ....check the pics below....are these the caps ????

also ....if you have the M54 engine or similar that has the vacuum hose from the intake manifold rear shown to the canister you should swap that vacuum line too

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts