BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was wondering what year if any did the E30 have actual bumpers and not the ugly little chrome bumpers!! because ive been seeing them with like nice "factory" bodykits!!
BTW mine is a 1987 325i 4door 5speed.. thanx for your help!! :dunno: :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm... would they bolt right on to my 87 or???

·
Registered
302 Posts
takumei86 said:
hi i was wondering what year if any did the E30 have actual bumpers and not the ugly little chrome bumpers!! because ive been seeing them with like nice "factory" bodykits!!
BTW mine is a 1987 325i 4door 5speed.. thanx for your help!! :dunno: :D
The chrome is a year vintage/period thing. Still think it looks (and probably performs) better than any body kits. Just my random thoughts.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey rmmj if u feel that way then why dont you trade me ur bodykit for mine!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
You know what, I really don't mind the look of what you got. But nah, I'll keep what I have. Are you saying that the later model e30's are sort of a body kit - reference to fog lights on the "revised" air dam and color-coordinated plastic bumper? I'm no purist by any means, but I think what I'm saying is that early e30s with the period-correct chrome look fantastic - Then again I am new to BMWs, this is my first.

·
///M POWER
366 Posts
the front plastics can be swapped to an 87 and lower car, but the rear requires extensive modifications. But it has been done.

88 is a direct swap.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool thanx!!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
OK just to verify i've heard that the cabrios (pre-body update) can do this with no problemo .....thats what frank porro says- hey speaking of frank (freaky frank, gc frank, fporro) anybody seen or heard from him ?????I've not seen hide nor hare from him in a few months .............

·
On Top
8,772 Posts
delphini said:
OK just to verify i've heard that the cabrios (pre-body update) can do this with no problemo .....thats what frank porro says- hey speaking of frank (freaky frank, gc frank, fporro) anybody seen or heard from him ?????I've not seen hide nor hare from him in a few months .............
I shall make a sign and hold it up on the highway "Where's Franky"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts